Warped - 19 *The scars tell a story

Chapter 19

                We walked through the rows of what looked to be bungalows, Andy’s arms supporting me. Eventually, we got to where ever we were going and Andy pulled out his keys. He pushed open the door and we walked into the entrance hall.

“CHANCE! I’M HOME!” Andy shouted. I heard some crashes upstairs and lots of footsteps. The next thing I knew, there was a blonde head tackling Andy to the floor. I clutched a table so I didn’t fall over with Andy.

“I missed you so much!!!” Chance laughed, still tangled with Andy’s spindly limbs.

“I missed you too dude, can I get up now?” Andy asked. I laughed and Chance finally noticed my presence.

“Who is this?” Chance asked, looking me up and down. Both the boys got up and Andy rejoined my side.

“This is my girlfriend, Lacey,” Andy said proudly. “Lacey, this is my own personal idiot.”

“Nice to meet you Chance,” I said and shook his hand.

“Nice to meet you too Lacey,” He replied. Andy swept me up and carried me to the living room.

“I did not expect it to be this clean,” I said as Andy set me down on the couch.

“Andy is the one who makes the real mess,” Chance said.

“I know, I live with him,” I told him with a laugh. Andy started filming all of our antics, I even convinced him to be Lightning.

“Please!!!” I begged.

“You know I don’t do that anymore,” He said.

“LIES! You did it for me once before, and everyone loves it,” I told him. He sighed and went to dig out one of the blonde wigs from the attic.

“Your powers amaze me,” Chance said after Andy had left. “I bow to you, oh great master.”

“Cool it, I’m not that great,” I brushed him off.

“You got him to carry you everywhere, that’s pretty impressive.”

“I didn’t really, his own OCD did it. His psycho ex-girlfriend broke open my stitches and he feels bad. It’s not like I can walk on my own very well anyways.”

“Oh, I guess you met Julia,” He said. I nodded and Andy came back in an old tank top and a blonde wig. I turned on the camera and started recording.

“Alright, let’s get this done,” He said.

“That’s not the right voice,” I taunted him. He just glared and we set up in another room. I haven’t laughed so hard in my life.

“Lace, lace, calm down, you’re going to break your stitches,” A now shirtless Andy said… He was only shirtless since “Lightning” ripped it off.

“I can’t,” I said, still dying in a chair in the living room. Andy rid himself of all traces of Lightning and sat down in front of me. When I finally calmed down, Andy took my hand in his.

“I want to show you something no one has ever gotten to see before,” Andy said quietly.

“What?” I asked, looking up at him. I slowly joined him as he led me up the stairs.

“This is my bedroom, it hasn’t changed since I was 17,” He said and slowly pushed open the door. It was everything I expected. Black walls, batman sheets, and just a little messy.

“Very fitting,” I said and walked in. The various signed band posters decorated the walls.

“This one is my favorite,” He said, poking at a signed KISS poster. There was also Motley Crue.

“I like this,” I said, sitting on his Batman blanket.

“I’m glad, no girl has been in here in years,” Andy told me.

“I believe it,” I laughed and leaned against Andy’s shoulder. “You know, this is the best day ever.”

“Only because I’m with you,” He whispered. I smirked and closed my eyes and pretended I was okay. I could run around the streets without a care and skateboard down the hills all I wanted.

“What are you thinking about?” He asked quietly.

“All the things I could do without stitches,” I told him. I felt his arms wrap around me.

“What is that?” He asked.

“Skateboarding,” I said with a sigh.

“I didn’t know you skateboard,” He said.

“There’s a lot you don’t know about me,” I told him.

“I’m so sure there is, and I look forward to learning it all,” He said and laid beside me, taking my hand in his. I moved my head so it rested on his shoulder.

“So what do you say we go to my favorite restaurant? I’m getting hungry,” Andy said after a long bout of silence.

“Yeah, I could eat,” I said and he helped me up.

                His favorite place to eat was actually a little place about two blocks away. Andy gave me a piggy back ride the whole way there because he knew I couldn’t walk that far. Even I knew it, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t try.

“Don’t you dare Lacey,” He threatened as we set off. I clung to his bony frame the whole way and he let me down outside.

“You are so protective,” I told him. “You’re lucky it’s not a bad thing.”

“It’s my fau-,” He started.

“No it’s not Andy! Stop trying to say it’s your fault! It’s not!” I snapped, this poor boy shouldn’t feel bad.

“I’m sorry, I just feel awful,” He said and led me in.

“Don’t, I’ll be okay,” I told him. “I’ve made it this long with a lot worse.”

                I’m amazed we managed to eat anything, considering how much we talked. It was really good and it was no wonder why this was Andy’s favorite place. They gave you SO MUCH FOOD! Oh my god, I had to try not to overeat. When we left, Andy took my hand but didn’t carry me since I was starting to feel a little helpless since he was doing everything for me. Let’s just say my word choices for my threats made it sound a lot worse than it would’ve been.  I ran my fingers over the silvery scars that covered his arms. I didn’t have to ask how he got them, I already knew. My hips and legs had the same little white lines on them too. I remembered the comfort the cold metal gave me back then, not that I still cut myself now. No, that’d grown too easy for me. But some of his still looked newer.

“Why?” I asked him, choosing my words more carefully then even for my threats.

“It makes it easier,” He sighed. “How’d you figure it out?”

“It’s not hard, scars like those are easy to recognize,” I told him. “Especially when you have your own.”

                His eyes snapped to mine and he started searching my arms.

“Please, I’m not so simple as to put them on display,” I said and pulled him forwards.

“But then where are yours?” He asked with sad eyes. I sighed and pulled down the top of my jeans a little to show him my hip bone that was covered in meticulous tiny white scars.

“Come on, it’s getting dark,” I said and pulled up my pants.

“Why?” He asked me.

“It used to make it easier,” I replied, turning his own words on him like he’d just done to me.