Warped - 20 *I love you

Chapter 20

                Andy drug me back to his and Chance’s shared place and we crept up to his room, hoping Chance was already asleep.

“Don’t get too loud tonight you two,” Chance called from somewhere.

“Busted,” I whispered.

“Like we could dude,” Andy called and carried me the rest of the way. I changed into one of Andy’s shirts and laid on the bed. Now that I thought about it, my stitches were itching… Well I couldn’t scratch them so I treated them like a new tattoo, I started slapping them. It didn’t help that Andy walked in on my madness.

“Are you going to tell me or do I just have to wonder?” Andy asked from the doorway.

“I’M ITCHY!!!” I cried and rubbed my stomach lightly.

“Well, that’s one way to do it,” He said and curled up with me. I swear he’s like a cat sometimes.

“I don’t blame you, you know,” I told him as I ran my fingers through his long black hair.

“I know, but I still feel bad,” He replied.

“Please don’t, it makes me feel worse,” I pleaded.

“I don’t want you to feel bad,” He said.

“Then you stop feeling bad about it,” I told him and we stayed quiet for a few moments.

“I’m still going to make sure you keep these stitches intact,” He pointed out.

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” I said and kissed the top of his head. This beautiful boy let me in on his whole world outside all the fame and I fell asleep happily with him, away from everything we’d grown to know as normal.

                I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t still have nightmares, but I didn’t expect them to rush back like they did. Before I knew it, my ex-boyfriend’s face melted away and was replaced with the lovely blue eyes I’d come to love. Frankly, the idea of loving Andy scared me, so I pushed it out of my mind for the moment and held him tightly as I cried. Now it was my turn to let him in on everything. I told Andy about my abusive ex and how I got depressed to the point of almost jumping over Niagara Falls back home. Through it all, he just listened and tried to hide all his emotion since I obviously couldn’t handle any more.

“I would never do that to you baby,” He told me.

“I know,” I said, wiping away what I hope would be the last tear.

“Come here,” He said and opened his arms. I crawled into them gratefully and we slowly fell back asleep again.

                The next morning, Chance woke us up for interviews. Apparently our managers have been pestering him all morning and he got fed up. We got up reluctantly and Andy had to leave me once we got back to our buses, there were a couple full band interviews that we had to deal with.

Many of the questions were typical.

What does your name mean?

Who influences you?

What did you do before this?

                Finally the interviewer got some balls and asked if I was single.

“Not anymore,” I announced proudly.

“Who’s the lucky man?” The interviewer asked.

“Well, he certainly acts more like a boy, but either way I can’t tell you,” I replied. “We’re keeping it on the DL for a while until we’re comfortable enough to let it slip to everyone.”