two. - k

°k

text message

you first.

he said. kay tried to think on what she wanted to tell him, but just decided to wing it.

i live a very unextraordinary life.

she said. she did not know whether or not he was going to answer or if she should continue. it did not seem she needed to choose, however, because a little bubble with three dots suddenly appeared.

impossible. everyone's life at some point is extraordinary. that statement is invalid.

she giggled into her palm, not wanting to wake her mom.

it's not much of a statement, more of a fact.

she answered. she waited patiently, listening to the rustle of leaves outside her window.

i beg to differ.

she rolled her eyes at this silly boy. sure, they were probably around the same age, but michael seemed quite immature.

keep begging then. but anyway, my full name is kaylee elisa wood, and i'm 18, 19 in december.

kay paused, unsure of what to say next.

where do you live?

he cleared the questions for her.

sydney, australia. typical, i know.

nah, that's cool. wanna know a secret?

eager, she replied quickly. though tried to come off cool and collected.

yeah, sure.

she waited for a few seconds, watching and refreshing. finally, a white bubble appeared.

okay. i'll tell you when it's my turn.

he sent something else a second later.

continue.

she sighed, seemingly deflated. she had been excited to know a secret of this so-called michael character, she was beginning to like him.

what do you want to know?

she asked. she couldn't think of what to tell him.

anything and everything.

he replied.

be specific.

that was extremely specific.

kay rolled her eyes, a smile on her lips. michael reminded her a lot of herself.

ask me a few questions, i mean.

she said. her phone buzzed, signalling another message. she did not check it, much too excited by talking to michael.

what's your favourite colour?

sunset purple.

favourite food?

pizza, no competition.

michael did not answer for a few seconds until -

yaaaaassssssssssssssssss i love you so much right now

um, thanks?

hey, that's a compliment ;-)

she hid her face in a pillow so she could finally somewhat let out a laugh. she did not want to wake her mother who had come home with a migraine.

next question?

why are you talking to a stranger at 12:11 am?

-

aw cutesie-cutesie kaylee and michael.