three

The door closes at my back, the ringing of the bell still echoing around me. It's a coffee shop, just like any other, with the difference that there are pictures on the brick walls, but not any picturesl, pictures of scenes from different Shakespearean plays. From Hamlet to Macbeth to Twelfth Night. And then the name of the shop makes sense to me. As You Like It. Of course! Like another play. This coffee shop is Shakespeare thematic and that makes me smile. Other than that, the shop is normal: tables and booths and sofas and coffee tables. You know, the usual. A counter with the cashier and a door that leads to the kitchen. Doors to the toilets on the opposite walls. Waiters going from the kitchen to the tables. People enjoying their breakfast as they read the paper or a book. Then I notice a spiral staircase that leads to a first floor that has a balcony-kind-of-thing. The point is that you have a view to the ground floor from the first floor and in this first floor you find sofas and coffee tables and loveseats, but the walls are filled with books. Ancient books. And I feel my heart warming in a way that is hard to describe. 

Why didn't I come here before?

And the smell of coffee makes it so much better. I feel like I could spend whole days  here and not even notice it. It's just perfect. I bet Mila, Havi and Moni would've loved it too. If they come visit, I have to bring them here. 

"Morning," a cheery voice says and I snap back to reality. I turn to my right to see a girl smiling at me. Her skin is dark and so immaculately beautiful, I feel immediately jealous. Her eyes are a warm chocolate and her hair is extremely curly in an epic afro that would make Moni cry of sheer jealousy. She is tall and slender and looks so happily at me — so inviting. 

"Morning," I reply feeling lame next to her. She's wearing black skinny jeans and her legs look so long. A long and oversized black jumper that would look lame on me, but she looks like a supermodel.  "I-I-I'm Maca. I was sent here for a letter," I add remembering the letter I found. The reason why I'm here. 

Her brown eyes widen in surprise and soon an even wider smile appears revealing her perfect white teeth. Seriously, this girl is perfect. 

"She's here!" she exclaims and my eyes widen in shock and alarm. Why is she shouting I'm here?

The coffee shop stops. Literally. No one is moving and all eyes are on me. Every the waiter, all of them like the girl wearing black and with a black apron that reads the name of the shop, are staring at me.

And then all of the sudden they start moving again. Not only that, they are all moving towards me.

"She's here, she's here, she's finally here," a guy starts singing and my eyes widen even more. He's tall and skinny with the sides of his head buzzed and the top in a tall quiff. Very hipster. He even has those black glasses that are the signature of every hipster. 

"The day finally came!" the girl with the afro sings and her voice is amazing. Not fair! She's so perfect. 

"We've waited for you, I can’t believe it’s the day!” another girl sings coming to my side and grabbing my hand to lead me to a booth. I look everywhere and I see people smiling, some chuckling, but definitely all of them are watching.

“Someone very, very special has told us to say hi,” they sing in harmony as I take seat.

“So welcome, welcome, welcome, and don’t worry,” a boy sings handing me a menu.

“Today you’ll even get pie,” another girl finished for them. They are all singing to me.

“In As You Like It you can have—”

“—the best breakfast in all town!” they keep singing and I’m chuckling.

“Sweet or salty, whatever you want,” the afro girl sings in that amazing voice. “And don’t forget, our coffee is worthy of the crown!”