Chapter 8

Chapter 8, finally! It's been a while...I was deep in writer's block, but, I'm back!

--Aimless

-----------------------------------

Louis ran over to me after he'd watched the angel turned to ashes. I had a million things going on in my head.

Am I going to die? Can Grim Reapers even die? I wasn't told if that was possible. right?

I felt my body jolt in a coughing fit. My body felt numb. My vision was hazy, but I managed to make out Louis picking me up. My hearing seemed to be fading in and out...it was weird. The feeling of the sword being pulled out of my abdomen was worse than being shot.

"Shit. Angel blood." I heard Louis curse, tossing the sword away, and then dashing off with me in his arms. I liked being held so tightly by him. It was...comforting. I felt my lips twitch up into a smile. I could feel the motion of Louis' running. Everything...seemed... perfect. Snow falling on my face. The cold air. The warmth of Louis' arms.

"Hang in there, Zel. " Louis pleaded.

Suddenly, All my wounds seemed to stop hurting so badly. My vision cleared up, and my hearing returned to normal.

"Louis, stop. I'm fine. I think..I think my body healed itself..." I said slowly, confused.

Louis stopped, and set me down. "How the hell...." his voice trailed off, and he combed his fingers through his brown hair. "That's impossible. Angel blood normally kills a reaper. Only Death has the power to heal himself....Maybe what the angel said..." He looked at me. "Zel, we're taking you to Death- right now. " Louis said.

~

Later, in Death's office, I felt like I was in school all over again, getting into trouble for hitting someone.

The Grim Reaper walked in, and sat down in his chair, across from me. "Zel....There is something important I need to discuss with you." He said. His red eyes seemed to look right through me.

"Well....That's why I came here, right?" I asked.

From the way shadows swirled playfully around Death, I pictured him grinning under the shadow of his hood.

"When you were killed, it wasn't on accident. I intentionally maneuvered that bullet into your heart. You see, Zel, You're my daughter. You are the Child of Death, the one prophesized to bring about a war between two different worlds. Heaven just assumes that "world" is them, which is why you and Louis were attacked by that angel. The only reason you aren't dead again, is because you are my child. In this life of a Reaper, you cannot die. You are immortal." Death said.

I had my jaw clenched, I'd tried to pay attention, but one thing kept my attention throughout his little speech. "You killed me? What sort of father does that?! I could've had a life!!! I could've been someone!" I yelled, getting up. Every reaper outside the small office was listening in, I could feel it.

"I got tired of waiting for war. By the way, The couple you learned to call "Mama" and "Papa" were not your real parents. They were your foster parents. Your are the child of a human and I." He responded.

"I will not call you father. Because you are not. But seeing as I am fated for this..."war", I'll just wait for it to hit me!" I screamed, and poofed to my room.