Chapter 12

Thank you, loves, for reading, and voting!

Happy Reading!!

~Aimless~

==================

Death swung his scythe, clearly being blinded by his own fury. I didn't think the old fart cared for me that much. Apparently, I was wrong.

Lucifer laughed. "You aim for me, but you hit your daughter, talk about a rock and a hard place, eh, Reaper?"

Death growled, and attempted to compose himself and contain his catastrophic anger. "What is it you want, Lucifer?" he asked.

Lucifer grinned. "Your scythe, perhaps? It is the most powerful. It would be useful in the Crusades between Heaven and Hell, dont you think?" the Devil replied.

I screamed inside my head, unable to be heard. The pain racking my body was intense, but I was unable to do anything about it. Lucifer grinned. "If you give me your scythe, I'll give you your daughter back, I promise."

Death's emotions were unreadable at the moment, as he was thinking. Me, or his precious scythe? that was undoubtedly the main thought in his mind.

"You might wanna hurry up, old man, your daughter's burning alive." Lucifer taunted, getting a bit impatient.

Louis ran in. "Zel! What the Hell are you doing?!" he roared. Lucifer turned to look at him, and he raised my scythe.

"Louis, don't touch her!" Death yelled. You know what they say, three's a crowd. Lucifer seemed to think so too, because almost as soon as Lousi had come in, Satan screeched at him and shoved him through the door.

In the midst of his rage, I felt Lucifer's control over my body lessen, and I took the chance to swing my scythe, and impaled my own chest. I coughed up blood, Lucifer had been expelled from my body.

Goodbye, Zel. I don't actually hate you.

What? Goodbye? What are you talking about?

My scythe clattered to the ground, shattering on impact. That wasn't supposed to happen. When a Reaper's scythe breaks, it doesn't mean they need a new one. It means they either got their pass to enter heaven, or hell, because their soul has suffered too much damage to complete their duties as a Reaper.

"S-shit....!" I hissed, before falling to the ground, being caught by Louis' strong arms.

Death stared in horror. "Zel!" He shouted. "Dear me...she's- she's done for..." he said, seeming to have given up. He kneeled at my side where Louis set me down gently, speechless. Death stroked my cheek.

Louis sat back, staring open-mouthed at the growing hole in my chest. My soul had almost completely dissappeared...

The pain...Oh the pain....It burned worse than the Devil's kiss. It was like being ripped apart slowly...I squinted, seeing a sort of gate open up before me.

Louis' eyes opened wide. "N-No! She can't go..!!" he cried, pulling me close.

Death sighed sadly. "Let her be, Louis. You cannot deny one's eternal peace! My daughter...My precious daughter, she has allowed the world to go on as it is, and she avoided a war that could have taken place...Let my daughter rest!" Death said, a hint of reluctance in his voice.

I felt Louis' lips press against mine. I stood up, the pain in my body having vanished. My wounds were gone. The gates had appeared in front of me, and the light coming from it was immensely welcoming, it was warm, and it felt...safe. Like home. I looked back to Louis, who looked to be on the verge of tears.

"Zel, don't go...! You can't leave yet...!" He cried desperately, grasping my hand. My body was dissappearing quickly.

My voice came out weak, "Louis, it wasn't supposed to end this way, you know. We were supposed to be happy." I said. the pull towards the light was too much. "I'll wait for you." I said, as I stepped into the gate, smiling. I let myself succumb to the welcoming allure of eternal peace.

Then, I waited.