Chapter 3

Here's Chapter 3, enjoy,loves~!

==============

I woke up to a pounding on my door.

"Who the hell is it....?" I grumbled from under my covers.

"It's Louis, you slacker! You can't sleep in, Death needs to see you!" came his familiar voice.

It's a joke when the-when we Reapers say Death needs to see you. How many times can one possibly see Death before they actually die? How many times will I exclude myself from the group before I realize I'm part of the group now too?

I smiled a bit to myself, before saying, "Yeah, I'll be there in a minute, just wait outside the do--" I stopped, because the blankets had been torn from the bed. 

"Louis!" I yelled angrily, Louis simply grinned, and threw some random pieces of clothing towards me. 

"Put those on." he said, still grinning.

I frowned, taking the clothes Louis had thrown at me, and I changed, not caring whether or not he saw me naked. When I stood up after tying the laces on my boots, Louis had a huge blush on his face. 

"I-I've seen better, Zel." he said. 

Louis was only a year older than me when he died in a car wreck. It was in the fifties, a time period known for its strict conservative attitude towards, well, everything. So, even on the off chance he had seen anything else, I don't think he seen anything better.

I smirked, "Is that so? Well, you wouldn't be turning red right now had you waited outside like I said." I replied, crossing my arms, as Louis led me out of my room, into the hall.

The hall was bustling with other Reapers, some carrying their scythe to get to their next soul, some eating breakfast, or doing something else. I sighed. Despite being filled with dead people, the HQ was kind of cozy. At the moment, I was the only new Reaper in the organization.

Louis walked into the cafeteria, and bought me some breakfast. Reapers use bones as a currency, and sometimes you'll hear them sitting around, complaining about the fact that the humans stole term. At first I didn't understand, but then I remembered that some people called dollars bones. They like to complain, but most Reapers just use a debit card-like object as a sort of Bone gift card. 

"What about you? Aren't you hungry? Or are you just showing off the fact that you don't need food because you're so macho?" I asked with a smirk.

Louis snorted. "Me? Show off? I'm not that kind of guy." he replied.

"So then, what type of guy are you, eh?" I asked, tilting my head, sarcasm lacing my every word.

"The type that likes girls who stop asking questions so frequently." he said seriously. His eyes were piercing. Once you become a Reaper, your eyes are supposed to turn silver. But while pretty much everyone has silver there are a few who don't. His were, but they were different from all the others. They were beautiful.

I sat at down at the table, across from Louis, who watched me eat the chocolate-chip pancakes he had gotten for me. 

When I finished, e walked out of the cafeteria, me following him. Louis kept looking back at me with an odd expression.

"What?" I said a bit too harshly.

Louis sighed. "You're an interesting girl, that's all."

For some reason I blushed a bit. Now that my skin was even more pale than in life, the blush really showed. "Er...How so?" I asked akwardly.

Louis grinned. "You're pretty, but so harsh. I like that." he said the last part slowly, but I heard it.

I blushed even more, and the rest of the walk to Death's office was silent. My blush was gone by the time we reached our destination. Louis held the door open for me, and I walked in.

Death sat in a torn-up leather upholstered seat, at a blackened wooden desk. The rest of the room seemed endless, like it went on forever, and, while the room was eerie and empty, it was also comforting. 

"Zel Stanton, here are your robes, and your scythe. The scythe will obey your will, and upon your first contact with it, you will have a telepathic bond with it. It's also custom made for you, your scythe is your new companion, so take good care of it, you won't be getting another one. Oh! Here's your list of souls to take, dear. Louis will follow you on your first few missions, so he can help you learn better what you do as a Reaper. You may go now." Death said. His last sentence was clearly a command.

Louis bowed, and I did the same, and we walked out of Death's Office, heading down the long corridor to the front door of the HQ. 

"So, I guess you're my guardian angel, eh, Louis?" I said with a smile. I liked Louis, as a friend. I wondered if he saw me as a friend too.

He was nodding as we walked up to the door, and suddenly, a bright white light blinded me, when Louis opened the door. As quickly as it had come, the brightness was replaced by dark.

================

Hope you liked it! This is the first story i've really put thought to.

**

The bones Reapers use tend to be the ones found in the hand, or feet. Basically the small bones. Sometimes vertebrae.