Chapter 2

I chose to become a Grim Reaper, because, well, who wouldn't?

As far as my Trainer told me, a Grim Reaper's role is to take the souls of the dead, and help them pass on to wherever they're supposed to be. But some cases are like me, and they can have the choice of being a Lost Soul, or a Grim Reaper. But cases like me are rare. 

I stood at the edge of a huge room. It looked more like a dungeon, but, then again, the whole Reaper's HQ looks like that. My Trainer stood at the other end of the room, holding a training scythe like the one I held in my hand. 

"Not bad, Zel..." he said, panting. He had a cut across his cheek from the training scythe I was given. Just now, we had been mock-fighting. 

"But try this!" he countered, suddenly having me pinned to the wall by his scythe, which was pressed gently to my neck.

I grinned. "No problem, Louis." I said, before I kicked him to the ground, and disarmed him, sending his scythe skittering across the floor.  "Who's the badass now, eh?" I asked, bending over him.

Louis frowned. "Training's over for today. " he said, getting up. 

"Awh, c'mon, Louis can't stand losing to a girl?" I asked in a mocking tone. 

Louis whipped his head towards me, his dark chocolate brown hair falling over his eyes. "I can handle it perfectly, Zel." He replied, and dissipated into shadows. 

"Hey, wait! Louis!!!" I called, but he didn't come back. I wanted to know how to do that thing he just did. "I'll teach myself..." I trailed off, to no one in particular.

I set the training scythe down, and relaxed myself. I focused hard, hoping to come out in one piece in the room I was given. I closed my eyes, and felt myself just....dissapear. I couldn't feel anything, and I panicked. I opened my eyes, and I was only in the center of the Training Room. 

"Well, shit." I muttered, and walked to the huge doors of the training room. I shoved one door open, and walked out silently.

I wandered down the hall, looking for the staircase that led to the hall my room was in.

I climbed the stairs when I found them, and darted down the long hall, stopping at the door to my room. I had learned that I never really needed doors as a Reaper, so I simply walked through.

I plopped down on the bed, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep.

I guess even Grim Reapers have to rest.

============

Sorry it's so short :P I kind of got tired towards the end. >w<