Chapter 5

Hey, here's Chapter five!

Anyways, I'd really like it if you guys could comment or send me messages about the story here. I do really enjoy people's feedback!

Feedback is a writer's best friend, here on Wattpad, don't you think?

ENJOY~!

+------------+------------+

As Louis pulled me into a room, I looked around. Thought it was pitch black in there, I could see perfectly. Night vision came with being a God of Death, I guess.

Then, I felt something soft being pressed to my mouth. I gasped.

Shit...I shouldn't....have...done...that..... I thought as I drifted off into unconciousness because of the chloroform that I'd just inhaled.

~Another Reaper's POV~

"Poor love.... I guess she was one of the ones who didn't Turn correctly..." A woman said.

The woman looked about forty, and her wrinkles were the kind that you'd get from smiling too much. Her eyes were a soft brown, her hair had been the same color when she was young, but at the time of her death it had already been streaked with grey. If she were someone's grandmother, she'd be the kind that made you cookies even though you were an adult. And when you'd go to her house for a visit, you'd better be hungry, because she made a five course meal.

The woman sighed. "The screaming begins in....five....four....three....two....o--" she heard the screams of the girl, even though she was in that cell that they conduct the Thing in. No one knew what to call giving an improperly Turned Reaper being given Death's blood, so they called it the Thing.

"Zel is the girl's name, right, Maurice?" The woman turned to a man, looking about the same age as her.

Maruice thought a bit, putting his hand to his stubbly beard, to stroke it. Maurice was proud of his beard.

"I do belive so, Annie. Poor thing probably doesn't know what's happening now...." Maurice said with a peculiar accent, it sounded irish, but it was hard to place.

Annie's face softened in sympathy for the girl. "I'll have to make her something to take the pain away. Do you think cookies would do nicely?" Annie asked. She held her scythe in her right hand. Her scythe was pure white, and had grey shadow-like substances dancing around it happily. Maurice had left his scythe in his room.

"I think so. She seems like the type of girl that'd like cookies. Snickerdoodles, I think." Maurice said.

------Zel's POV------

My chest heaved up and down, up an down. Somehow I knew I was in intense pain, like my whole body was on fire, but I was dissconected from it. I could see myself, my body was still strapped to the chair that Louis and Death had strapped me to, but I was floating somewhere near the ceiling. I felt myself convulsing from the pain, going into shock. I'm pretty sure my organs were shutting down. Just before I awakened, Death had explained to me that he was injecting his own blood into me, which seemed kind of wierd, considering he was a skeleton. But, not everything makes sense, I suppose.

Suddenly, I was pulled back into my body, and I let out a blood-curdling scream. I tried to grab my chest instinctivley, but my arms were strapped to the chair. So instead I got some bruises Merry Christmas to me. I could feel my eyes rolled back into my head. Everything was fuzzy to me. Maybe this is how people felt when they got high. If that's true, then I'm glad I never did that stuff.

Will you calm down and stop being such a wuss? Honestly, what are you? A tiny child? The only time my scythe ever spoke to me was to belittle. Frankly at this point, I was getting quite tired of it, and I told him as much.

You are an ass señior scythe. A burro. A donkey. A mule. It would be greatly appreciated if you could zip it.

I felt myself being lifted into strong arms, being cradled gently into a warm chest.

"L.....Lou.....is...?" I muttered. I felt like jello.

Louis looked down at me. "You feeling alright?" He asked. He had a pained look on his face.

I simply leand against his chest lazily, not wanting to talk, or move. I didn't want to do anything at that moment, so I went to sleep.

-----Louis' POV-----

I looked down at Zel, seeing how fragile she was at the moment, how peaceful she looked while sleeping. It was sort of cute, but I pushed that out of my mind.

Aside from looking peaceful, Zel looked defeated. She put up quite a fight against Death's blood. I'd've liked to see her in a battle that might cost her life, I wonder how she'd do...

I looked back down at Zel, her eyelids drooping, then fluttering back open. Her eyes were an interesting color. I noticed for the first time that they weren't silver, but gold. The only Reaper in the whole organization who'd had gold eyes.

I was getting lost in her eyes. They were stunningly beautiful, and they took my breath away. In fact....Zel herself was stunningly beautiful. She didn't really care what anyone thought of her, and that made it all the more potent. It was like a spell, one that I didn't want to be broken.

Her black hair drapped over her face, hiding her eyes. I got to her room, and walked us through the door. After I set her on her bed, I leaned over her, and brushed her hair out of her face. Zel was still asleep. I was still leaning over her, looking at her soft lips, and then I realized what I was thinking.

"Jeeze....I gotta stop that...it's just Zel..." I said.

She'd been a Reaper for a week, and I'd already started to like her.

+-----------+------------+

Thanks for reading this, if you DID read it.

I'm sorry it's short, or if Louis' POV wasn't that great.....

But I'm having fun writing this, so even if you don't read it, I'm still gonna write it, just for the feeling of sheer awesome that I get from my story being online, for the world to see.

Anyways, Comment below, Vote, or Message me what you think!