The Style Of New York City

I hummed as I straightened my hair, getting ready for my job interview. I denied 15 calls from the gang, then I decided to be wise and turn off my phone.

I had taken my old phone instead of the new one I had found, and I was regretting it terribly.

I pressed the side button and my phone buzzed to life, notifications adding up until there was 13 messages, 9 missed calls and 9 face book messages. I sighed, couldn't a girl just be left alone? But I was no longer a normal girl, I was a girl involved with a gang, and sooner or later I would have to understand that. But I wasn't going to for at least a month.

I zipped my jacket up and clicked the light off.

'' I'm going to my interview, see you in a few hours!,'' I hollered at the maid.

'' Aren't you supposed to be in school?,'' she asked, puzzled.

'' Its winter break,'' I said, laughing.

''Oh well have a nice day!''

''Okay well bye!,'' I said, shutting the door and heading for my borrowed car.

'' Where have you worked again?,'' the intern asked me, startled that I was attempting to get this job.

'' Like I already said, I am a spoiled rich brat, I haven't worked anywhere, now can I please have the job?,'' I asked smugly, knowing this would piss her off.

'' Umm., you have a nice day now Mrs.,'' she said, stacking her papers up into a neat pile.

'' I knew I should have gone to dairy queen,'' I muttered, standing up and gathering my things.

'' Oh and miss?,'' I turned to her, smirking.

''Yes?''

''Your boobs, yeah they go inside your shirt tucked away in your bra, not outside of your shirt, have a nice day,'' I said, leaving her staring down her shirt.

Mission accomplished I thought as I left the building. They didn't deserve me, I would find a better job.

I turned on my car and headed for dairy queen.

As I pulled into the tiny lot I shut off my radio, getting ready to go inside and plead for a job.

Slamming my car door I entered the store, immediately inhaling the intoxicating scent of fatty goodness.

'' How may I help you and can I interest you in our arctic rush smoothies?,'' the girl from behind the counter said, looking bored out of her mind.

'' Sounds great but I'm looking for a job here, is there any openings?''

'' Yes there is,'' she said, her voice raising a tiny bit.

''Ok, ill start tomorrow,'' I said, smiling.

'' You have to fill out this paper work and return it by the end of today, then we will call you''

'' Okay ,'' I said, grabbing the papers and ordered a triple Chocó avalanche.

'' I think I found a good job,'' I said, yawning.

'' Where is it at?''

''Dairy Queen,'' I smirked.

''You better get me free cups of ice cream,'' she said, narrowing her eye brows.

''Nasty break up?',' I asked her, sighing.

'' Yup. Isn't it always? Guys are jerks.''

'' Cant argue there. Well I'm going to bed, I have to start early tomorrow,'' I said, folding up the newspaper and shuffling my way to my room.

I put on my night clothes and looked out the window. The world was full of lights and color, people walking busily down the street, and cars almost crashing into the people on the street.

I smiled, deciding l like the people and style of New York.