When My Dad Wakes Up On The Wrong Side Of The Bed

I tossed ''Buffy the vampire slayer season 4'' into my TV.

I loved this show, my mom gave me the first season in fifth grade, being it one of her favorites and I instantly fell in love with it. Half because well heck, its really good and second because it brought me closer to her. I missed my mom so much. And she also started my vampire obsession, so I like almost every good vampire movie and book there is.

I smiled when ever I saw Angel.

Not only was he hot but Buffy wasn't supposed to like him because he was a vampire and she was the slayer, but they made it work. He was decked out in a bad ass fashion, kind of like Tyler.

Tyler. He sounded so concerned over the phone, it made me think he actually might care about me.

But he couldn't though. I'm not the most popular girl in school, that was Marcie Clemens. Now she was the queen of our school.

So why couldn't he just go for her? I whimpered to myself. I'm just the Violet who doesn't take a crap about anything, Well not ever since my mom passed. Back then I used to be pretty popular myself.

Me and my mom did everything together.

She was my best friend as well as my mom. She was the one who kissed my grazed knees better. The one who cuddled me when I cried. The one who picked me up after school with a vibrant smile. She was my rock and I was hers too. She wasn't just my mom, she was also my best friend.

I didn't realize I was crying until I snapped out of my thoughts.

I didn't really like to think of my mum much, I always ended up crying. I didn't want to cry, it makes you look weak and no way was I weak. No I was strong. I was Violet Evergreen.

I wiped the stray tears from my cheek with the back of my navy scoop neck long sleeved top.

As soon as the episode finished I placed it back into it's case and crawled into bed.

I fell into a dreamless sleep, dreading the morning before it came.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing.

I slammed my fist down to shut the thing up before rolling back over and tugging the duvet over my head. My alarm was the worst noise you had ever heard in your life, I myself have tried to kill it many times but failed. Lets face it, it was indestructible.

Of course it wasn't long before my dad barged into the room, realizing I wasn't getting out of bed.

"Violet get up!," He shouted.

Somebody didn't want to wake me up.

"In a minute," I grumbled.

"No now!" He snapped. Someone's in a prissy mood I thought.

He must still be angry about what happened yesterday.

"Aright!," I snapped back bolting up right in my bed.

My dad turned on his heel and walked out of my room closing my bedroom door behind himself.

I jumped up from my bed and grabbed my uniform from its hanger in my closet and walked across the landing to the bathroom.

I have killed 2 uniforms this year, both of them on display in the principals office. One is burned and the other is cut up to something a slut would wear.

I am so proud of myself, even if I did have to pay for a new one and landed myself in 2 days of detention. But I love detention, its my nap time place at school. Its more a reward then a punishment for me.

People respect me for that.

I locked the door and placed my clothes over the chair before turning the faucet on. I stripped down into nothing and stepped in underneath the shower head. I tilted my head back and allowed the water to run down my face. The heat helped to relax my muscles and to relax me.

I then began the task of washing my hair, body and shaving.

Finishing up my task in the shower I turned the faucet off and stepped onto the plush rug. The fluffiness seeping through in between my toes. I wriggled them around for a bit then came back to reality.

I grabbed my towel and wrapped it round myself. I grabbed another for my hair as well. I dried my body off before stepping dressing into my school uniform.

I really detest this stupid uniform, hence my attempts at killing it, because something that ugly should be illegal.

Throwing my towel into the hamper I left the bathroom and headed back to my bedroom. I plopped down in front of my vanity table and began the task of blow drying my middle back length hair.

Once my hair was dry I ran the straighter through it. An hour later and my hair was dried and straightened. Now time for my make-up.

I rubbed some foundation into my skin, a line of eyeliner and some mascara and I was good to go.

I grabbed my bag from the end of my bed, slipped in my black high top converse and jogged down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and waved a goodbye to my dad before leaving the house for the walk to school.

'' Violet?,'' he asked, stopping me.

'' Yes?,'' I asked, freezing.

" Don't get in another fight with that girl, even if she asks for it ok?,'' he pleaded, giving me the face.

Oh he did not just do that.

'' No promises!,'' I yelled fast, running out the door and slamming it.

Before I left I saw my reflection in my dads car mirror and thought 'I have turned into a school girl'. Biting my apple I laughed and skipped to school.