Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 21- "Showering"

Welcome to Chapter 21! I was writing 20, and for some reason it posted BEHIND my teaser, so if you don't remember reading chapter 20 (the wedding reception ends and they go home), then go back and read it before starting this chappie! :)

So I wasn't really sure what to do for the after-wedding scene because they can't have sex... (AWK.)

So I think I'm going to fast-forward. I know there's been a lot of that- wait. Nevermind. NO FAST FORWARDING THIS CHAPTER! :D I have an idea! :D

Here I go. Okay. :D

- - - - - - -

Felix's POV

Sebastian, Chris, and I all were lounging on the couch, playing Halo and eating potato chips when my wife (that NEVER gets old) walked out, looking glowing as ever.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Delia asked, seeming annoyed.

I responded, crumbles of Ruffles falling out of my mouth. "We're *crunchcrunchcrunch* playing *smackkity smack* Halo."

"My baby shower is this afternoon, Felix," Delia hissed, her eyes narrowing suspiciously. "My husband didn't FORGET, right?!"

SHIT! My brain screamed at me. I was in charge of getting the decorations, and Delia was tackling food and drinks. Shit shit shit shit! My head was exploding. I shot up off the couch. "Of course I didn't forget!" I yelled, grabbing my hoodie, kissing Delia on the forehead, and running out the door, Chris and Sebastian close behind.

When we all three climbed into my car, Chris turned to me. "What the hell is this about, man?"

"We've gotta go to Party City. It's Delia's baby shower, and I was in charge of decorations. I forgot, and if this party sucks, Delia will personally castrate me. You saw her ultra-pissy face in there! Imagine that times like a million!" I yelled, banging my hands on the wheel.

"Well, fuck," Chris replied. "I was getting a high-score too."

- - - - - - -

As we rushed around the store, I got the plates, forks, and napkins, Sebastian got the interior decorations like streamers, and Chris was in charge of goodie bags and shit.

I picked up big and small paper plates that had a cute cartoon mom-to-be in fancy clothes, pushing with a stroller filled to the brim with gifts. I even made an effort to match the green and purple look on the plates, getting green forks and knives, a big green punch bowl for Delia's awesome ice cream punch, and napkins that screamed at you with the words "TWINS!" and the gift stroller. 

Sebastian came up to me, and in his cart he had thank you notes that had the fancy cartoon pregnant lady, a mom to be tiara thing, two baby shower games, little baby carriage placecard holders, confetti with the cartoon mom-to-be and the stroller, a banner that read "Baby Shower- mom to be",  balloon bouquets, baby bottle balloon weights, and a small candy buffet thing.

Then Chris sprinted to me, holding boxes of bun-shaped candles that you put into a cardboard oven, mimicking "bun in the oven", cute little white picture frames, and soap that looked like a button in containers reading "cute as a button." He had little gift bags to put everything in, too.

"Baby showers have stupid decorations," Chris said, grimacing.

"Fuckin' expensive, too," I mumbled, frowning.

But the money we spent was worth it, because after Delia came waddling home from the grocery store, holding bags of ingredients in her arms, she gasped. The house looked fit for a queen's baby shower. It was decorated perfectly, all the decorations matching all the favors matching all the cutlery matching all the plates and napkins.