Darkness and Lightness- Chapter 15- "Drastic"

Hey everyone! Just to let you know, this is like a fast-forwardy kind of thing. :) I'm not trying to be like... lazy or anything, but this is just what I've really been wanting to do, so it's a fast-forward! :)

I hope you guys don't mind... :( Give me your opinion in the comments! If you like REALLY REALLY hate the fact that I fast-forwarded, tell me, and if enough people hate it, I'll do a rewrite.

Okay! So here I go! :) Oh, and big hugs to Memories_Hurt_13! I haven't talked to you in a while! :( Where'd you go?

- - - - - - -

FAST-FORWARD 1 YEAR

Delia's POV

I sat on Miles' lap with his arms wrapped around me and his head resting on my shoulder. Miles had suggested watching Edward Scissorhands, my favorite movie ever, but watching it brought back painful memories of a time long forgotten.

I had my own apartment now, my own fiance, my own dog, and my own furniture for God's sake!

I even had my own child, growing in me ever so slowly.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

The door thumped as someone pounded on it with their fist, "I'll be right there!" I called to whomever was at the door. I stood up, and turned around, "I've got it, don't worry about it, Miles"

Miles tried to stop me, grumbling something about how pregnant ladies should take it easy, but I ignored him. I was only three months along, anyways.

I opened the door to the apartment, and smiled. "Hello, I'm Delia, and you-"

I stopped mid-sentence in shock as I looked up at the face of the person who was at my door. "Hey, Delia," said a husky voice I had forgotten from long ago. My heart began to race, and tears welled up in my eyes.

"What are you doing here, Felix!? It's been a year! Why can't you leave me alone?" I asked him, my voice cracking. "I'm finally happy," I blubbered, most likely sounding like a seal.

"Delia?" a voice called from the back of the apartment. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Miles," I yelled back, trying to choke back a sob.

I heard the clomping of shoes, and suddenly, Miles had protectively wrapped his arms around me from behind. Felix sneered, and then looked at me, his eyes softening.

"Who is this?" Miles growled, tightening his grip on me.

"Miles, this is Felix. Remember me telling you about him?" I said, my voice weak. "And Felix, this is Miles, my fiance."

Felix's eyes instantly darknened, and he hissed, "I should go, then."

"No!" I yelled, surprising Miles, Felix, and even myself. "I... I thought... maybe you and I... could go to lunch? And catch up?"

Felix smirked, and my heart fluttered at the face I knew so well. "I'll be in the car," Felix said, chuckling.

When the door closed, Miles hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead gently. "Stay safe, okay? And if you need me for ANYTHING, call me. Don't go too far, please..."

I smiled and hugged him back, ruffling his hair gently. "Don't worry about lil' old me. Felix is a nice guy, okay? He wouldn't hurt me. Not physically, at least."

"If he makes you cry I'll cut off his balls for you," Miles offered cheerily, seeming excited by the prospect.

I laughed, and hugged him again. "See you later."

Then as I walked out the door I turned around, and as an afterthought, added three little words.

"I love you."

- - - - - - - 

Felix drove down the road, speeding along just as crazily as he had one year ago. When we reached the restaurant, he helped me out of the car, and led me to a booth, holding my hand the whole way.

Even the simple touch and contact of holding hands made my face turn pink and my heart jump into my throat.

"Would you like something to drink?" Felix asked me. "I can order for you, I mean, I know you're only 19 still. The people here know me anyways."

"No, I'm okay," I replied with a smile.

"I insist," Felix said, "they have the best wine here." (author intermission: HAHAHAHA! for some reason the idea of Felix sipping wine makes me like pee myself! XD)

"No, really, I can't have any," I said seriously, my voice firm.

Then realization dawned on Felix's face, and his normally beautiful features twisted into ones of rage and disgust. "You're pregnant with that THING'S baby?" he spat at me. "I thought you were different than other girls, Delia. I didn't know you were a slut."

My eyes started to well up with tears and I wiped them away. "I'm engaged to him, Felix!" I yelled. "I'm happy, okay?! HAPPY. I know you can't stand for me to be happy, but I am. You cheated on me, and you hunt me down when I'm settled down, due for a baby in 6 months, and having a wedding in 2 months?! You're sadistic and cruel! You tortured in my mind for months after you kissed that office whore, and now you have the gall to come to my apartment and insult my fiance, insult my baby, and insult me?! Maybe you weren't as right for me as I thought you were," I hissed, my true inner demon finally emerging. "So you know what, Felix?! FUCK YOU." I threw his water on him, stood up, walked away to call a taxi, and for good measure, I flipped him the bird as I left.

"That'll teach him to fuck with Delia Carlisle," I hissed.

But when I looked back and saw a drenched, shocked, and saddened Felix, I didn't feel nearly as good as I thought I would.

- - - - - - -

Felix's POV

I've ruined my chances with her. She's left me. She hates me. There is no chance of me ever getting her back. Because I've screwed it all up. I have nothing to live for anymore. Delia is gone, taken by her fiance and her baby. My sister is in elementary school now, preparing for the world and independent. My mom is safe from my father. I have nothing to care about anymore.

I drove home, laying in my bed and trying to think about something I had to live for. There was nothing.

Time to do something drastic.

- - - - - - -

Delia's POV

I was watching TV, channel surfing lazily when I saw the news. I stopped on the channel, and watched our local weatherman, Edward Smith, give us the 5-day forecast. Suddenly it was interrupted by breaking news and I saw a person standing on the side of the Brooklyn Bridge, about to jump.

When they zoomed in on his face, I shot up from my seat.

It was Felix.

- - - - - - -

HAHAHAHA! CLIFFHANGERRRRRR! I love miles ok. Just saying. He's adorbs. Anyways! Over there is a picture of Felix! <3 --->