33 - Turning The Tables.

Ophelia released Stab from the throat as the lanky boy slinked down from the maze wall and collapsed on the floor, unconscious. Knowing that she didn’t have much time judging the progress of how her poison was slowly seeping through his heart, the Rising Star Prodigy quickly activated her Minor of Healing and cupped his cheeks gently, letting the warmth penetrate through his delicate skin from her fingertips. Her teeth were chattering nervously as she watched the warmth of her healing powers fight against her own poison.

She made her decision of trusting this boy and hoping to get better from her living nightmare. She knew she would be disappointed with herself if she had killed the person who hadn’t even started to help yet. She would never forgive herself if this happened. So with renewed resolve and determination, she used every ounce in her power in stopping the poison from reaching his heart, burning them into nothingness.

After a while of just letting her Minor seep through him and going as far as to even rid his body from unhealthy impurities, Ophelia smiled in relief when the natural colour of the guy’s skin slowly resurfaced from the grey ash tones. The smell of Death was gradually decreasing, still there but dimming down to a bearable level. It was so strong before, it was repulsive an almost made her gag. She lightly slapped Stabs, rousing him awake to which he opened his eyes groggily.

“Mhm....am not dead yet?....” Stabs asked absentmindedly, his voice heavy with sleep. This made Ophelia blink and let a small smile creep on her face, before she realised something that ticked her off. She punched him on the arm, suddenly furious at him as he yelped and shot up, fully attentive than ever before.

“You bloody idiot! What were you thinking? Going as far as to even be okay with me poisoning you? Are you brain damaged or something?!” It was Stab’s turn to blink, before he chuckled lightly, inviting more wrath to Ophelia ever than before. Before she could pulverise him then and there, Stabs raised his hand in surrender, a trick he learnt from Zatch which was effective for many people to spare him and allow him to give an explanation.

“I did told you that I am a bit of an idiot.” Stabs mentioned cheekily, making Ophelia scoff lightly and cross her arms boldly over her chest.

“More like the biggest idiot in Wind Crest! Why I never seen someone so willing to die than you, you self sacrificing bastard.” Stabs only chuckled, thanking her which only increased her level of anger. She was about to punch him in the gut when she held back, fully aware that she had almost murdered this innocent guy just a moment ago. The voices were being a nuisance in her mind and they were encouraging her to redo the massacre she almost committed earlier but she didn’t give them a damn anymore, half-heartedly ignoring them with all of her might.

“Well at least you don’t stink Death anymore, I am sure that stuff is going to make me sick soon.” Ophelia scoffed lightly, egging Stabs to raise both of his blue eyebrows in curiosity.

“What does Death smell like anyway?” Ophelia grimaced lightly, before having the heart to answer back, a faint trace of pink dusting her tan cheeks, making Stabs wonder just what exactly it smelled like.

“Flowers.” Stabs blinked; taken aback that Ophelia was repulsed with the scent of flowers.

“Do you not like them? Flowers?” Stabs asked, brimming with curiosity. Ophelia snapped her head towards him, glaring profoundly at him which was enough to make him recoil back and bang his head softly on the maze wall. There was a very faint smidge that the crazed Ophelia was slowly making her surface, before the real one shut her down again.

“So what? I don’t like flowers. Got a problem with that self-sacrificial bastard?!” Ophelia asked heatedly, earning another uncontrollable chortle from the out of commission teenager, making her more flustered and frustrated than ever. How was he so laid-back? How was he so calm? How the hell was he so accepting towards all the irregularities he was seeing? Why was he fine with it and why was he acting like he was fine? When he was just facing Death’s door just a while ago?! All of this traits, it irked the Rising Star Prodigy to no end. He was bearing a resemblance too much of the person she knew who wouldn’t forgive her even if the virtual world came to an end.