32 - Last Minute Decision

“For those joining us.” Zero said, beaming a smile at the camera. For the past few weeks, he had been shimmered into prominence, giving rounds of previous days’ events and updates. Caterpillar couldn’t help but chuckle hysterically, bedridden at his apartment since he had been a tad bit careless, letting the fact that he was recovering to get over his head and skipping like a child from one place to another, never staying still. Of course this ultimately ended up having a scolding from Sophie but what’s done was done and Caterpillar was fortunate hovering television existed for him to witness the events live. 

Approximately three weeks earlier, Arma and Zessica had been narrowly passing one Trial after another, barely finding them a spot in the semi finals and just narrowly reaching to the quarter finals. Sophie, who had finally managed to create a creature with permanent existence, had easily found the third spot in the quarterfinal list with Zatch, Phoenix and Stabs right beside her. There were some issues and the public not finding it ‘fair’ for Sophie to have backup, but since she was not violating the game rules in anyway, it was a one sided problem. Euphino too just barely made it with the mismatched duo just finding the second last spot in the quarter finals.

Since the Default Trials had delayed most of the Blessed Combat progress in Wind Crest, seeing that the other regions were already having their final top five representatives battling each other for first place, the AI had made the initiative to speed things up a bit. From what the host, Zero revealed, it meant that the remaining thirty Teams would be placed in groups of five Teams. In addition to that, the final remaining group from the six groups would be the representatives of Wind Crest. So there were many things at stake and the pressure along with tension was higher than ever before.

Of course, since the AI itself was a living mystery, no one knew just who would their ‘other’ team mates would be in that group they would be allocated in. The AI would be the one who would decide which five Teams would be one group and it had made the members of each six groups a secret, keeping it a surprise once they enter to the stadium.

“We have our six Groups, about to fight for the five spots to represent Wind Crest. It’s been a tough month of competition between the remaining players and we have seen some outstanding displays. It really has been a pleasure to watch... but now, this second last battle will put on show just what makes a player worth to take the spot as a candidate.” For the next half an hour, Zero with, albeit surprisingly, another hostess discussed about the Groups and its members. All of the members didn’t mean much to Caterpillar since he didn’t recognise them anyway but he was slightly irked that they weren’t going straight to the battle for the last final spots.

“Patience Caterpillar. You do know they haven’t introduced who are the five Teams in each of the six groups remember?” A voice none other than the soul which possessed his body spoke lightly in his mind. Caterpillar sighed, half heartedly ignoring the second soul, leaning on the pillow which supported his back and stared jadedly at the screen, bored to tears. So far, both Zero and the female host, Sabriel from the sound of it, had been talking about Group Urban, Colossus and Bishop. Eventually, they finally started discussing about Group Pandora, conjuring six pictures on the smaller window, five of which he was able to recognise.

“This one is probably the hardest to read Zero.” Sabriel pointed out loud, one elegant finger tapping her chin. “On battle, Ophelia has the power and her form has been outstanding so far as well as no one except a few lucky players had been able to defeat her for the past few years. However, this year it seems like she has no weaknesses, crushing opponent after opponent.”