Chapter 18

I looked down at my still, bloody mother as she lay in my arms. Rage took over and before I knew what I was doing, I was fighting alongside my father. Robert was no match for my father and I together and the second I was at his side, he looked scared.

'Alem, you don't need to be here. Go be with your mother.' My father radiated anger and everything inside me screamed to leave his side. Avenging my mother was suddenly the only thing on my mind.

'No. I want to kill him. Let me help.' I lunged forward, connecting my fist to Robert's face. I heard a scream and then claws digging into my skin.

"No, leave him alone." It was Brielle, clawing and screaming at me. I pushed Robert to my father and he picked up where I left off.

"What are you doing?" My voice was angry and low, causing Brielle to flinch back from me.

"You won't hurt me, I'm your soul mate." Her words ran through my body, making me flinch in anger.

"Leave before you get hurt then. I'll come find you when this is over." I pushed her lightly towards the other room and moved back towards the living room. My father was on top of Robert, hitting him over and over, screaming in his face.

'Father, end it.' His eyes connected with mine for a moment to acknowledge me before he did the one thing we'd wanted to do for forever.

"You will never get in our way again. You will never be able to cause us pain." His face was low and very close to Robert's. His hands gripped the sides of his face and in a flash, his head was removed from his body, tossed to the other side of the room. His body slumped down next to Robert's for a moment and then his eyes moved to my mother.

I looked at my wife, laying there on the floor not moving. I got up quickly and moved to her side. I closed my eyes and held her against me, searching for some sign of life... and the life that was inside of her.

I felt her head move and opened my eyes to see Alem's wrist against her lips, trying to give her energy. Closing my eyes again, I opened my connection to Larissa, waiting for her to come back to me.

I focused on all the things I loved about her, all of the good times we had. I thought about the day she found out she was going to have Alem and the excitement that radiated through her body at the thought of having her own family and then again with this child. She was so excited to be a mother and I was glad I was able to give her what she wanted most.

Just then a flash of energy rushed through me, but just as quickly as it was there, it was gone. I opened my eyes and from the look on Alem's face, I knew he'd felt it too. He was still giving her his blood and I knew he had to be feeling the effects of that by now.

"Stop, you're losing too much." I touched his hand and the sadness on his face said he'd give his last drop for his mother.

"I thought since I'm different that my blood would be different, and help her." Alem removed his hand from her mouth slowly but I felt that flash of energy again as soon as his wrist wasn't touching her anymore. I gasped and looked down at her.

"Larissa, can you hear me?" I moved closer to her face and she opened her eyes, making me move back. Her beautiful brown eyes weren't brown anymore, they were bright red. Michelle was at my side in an instant.

"Get back, now." Her voice was hard and low. There was no denying that she was serious. Larissa looked between the three of us and blinked her eyes a few times but still hadn't said anything.

"Larissa, can you hear me?" Michelle spoke to her and Larissa's eyes snapped to her.

"I know you," was all she said.