Chapter 9

"Liz, please let me help you get cleaned up." I looked down at her tired, limp body and I knew I couldn't just leave her here. Part of me was still extremely mad at her for allowing Robert to kidnap me and hurt me, but the other part understood. I would do just about anything for Eric, but I knew there was no way he'd beat my best friend almost to death right in front of me.

"That would be nice, thank you." Liz's head moved up slowly and looked at me. She smiled softly and I smirked back. I quickly looked up at Eric, feeling his gaze on me and he was looking at me strangely.

'Be careful. Something doesn't feel right.' He winked at me and moved back to Alem.

I bent down and helped Liz stand up from the bed. She was wobbly and I placed her arm over my shoulders to hold her up. I moved her to the bathroom and helped her undress to take a shower.

"You don't have to baby me. I'm surprised you're helping me at all," Liz said to me in a soft tone which caused me to frown at her.

"I don't hate you. I don't exactly understand you and your choices, but I certainly don't hate you. You were like a sister to me; the only family I had for so long. I'd never hate you for that." I smiled at Liz, showing her I really meant what I said. Her mouth fell open slightly and she just looked up at me.

"I'm sorry. So many times I begged him to stop, both of them but they didn't listen. You know Robert... at the end of the day he does exactly what he wants to do. There is no reasoning with him."

"I know and I'm sorry that you had to get paired with him. I wish there was something I could do to change who your mate is."

"I wish I could change who your father is and all the things he did to you. Did you know that once we were fully bonded I saw what happened? I lived it first hand. It was awful. I was so mad at myself for loving a man who could do that to his own daughter. Part of me is happy he isn't here now but the other part of me aches for him. I hate myself for not being stronger...”

"Don't. Don't you dare take responsibility for what he did to me? I was a child and he knew better. Don't you dare take the blame." I felt anger take over and I knew I needed a minute alone and a minute in Eric's arms. Right on cue, Eric knocked on the door.

"Everything alright in there ladies?" He asked that out loud but in my head he asked more forcefully, 'Come out for a minute. Don't do this alone.'

"Liz, I'll be back in just a few, okay? Do you have everything you need to get started?" She just looked up at me, smiled softly and shook her head yes.

The second I walked out the door he wrapped his arms around me. "I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner. I was talking to Alem and I didn't since your anger until it was where it is now. Are you alright?" He kissed my temple and tightened his arms around me.

"I'm completely fine now, baby. You take all the bad away." I looked up into Eric's eyes and the only thing I saw looking back at me was love. Unconditionally love and that took the place of every bad feeling I had. I moved my arms from around his back and I slowly trailed my hands up his chest. His hands tightened on my hips and pulled me closer to him.

I moved my hands to the back of his head and pulled him slowly to me, making sure my eyes never left his. He looked down at my lips for a moment and that was all the invitation I needed. I pressed my lips to his and moaned in the back of my throat. It had been far too long since I'd made love to my husband.

"Uh, oh!" A little voice said, causing me to groan internally. "I'll come back."

"No," I said a little too quickly to Lucy and she jumped but stopped. "I'd actually like to talk to you, if you have a minute."