Chapter 6

I stood in the warm shower, letting the water wash away my pain. I knew that something was seriously off here but I didn't want to push it too far. I washed my hair and moaned internally at how nice it felt. I had god knows what dried into it and finally washing it felt amazing.

'Oh that feels nice,' I said and smiled to myself.

'Who are you?' A man's voice quickly filled my mind and I screamed and turned around thinking I'd see someone standing there. I moved the shower curtain back and looked around the bathroom. I was alone.

"Who's there?" I asked out loud. I had the shower curtain pressed to my body for protection and waited for an answer, but nothing came. Maybe I was just hearing someone talking as they walked past the door.

I took one last look around the bathroom and got back to my shower. I carefully washed my body, taking care of the places that hadn't healed. Robert explained to me what I was and I didn't believe him until he slashed my arm with a knife. It started to heal in front of me and he gave me blood, which healed it completely.

He told me how Liz was his soul mate and that sometimes people had two soul mates and I was his other. He was a handsome man and I knew that as long as I just did as he asked that he wouldn't hurt me. As he explained all of this to me, I couldn't look past the feeling that something was missing. Something was very wrong.

I decided I was in the shower long enough and I got out, drying myself off. Liz had given me some of her clothes to wear and I was thankful that she was here. She seemed like one of those people I'd known my whole life and I could tell anything to.

I walked out into the adjoining bedroom to see Robert sitting on the bed. He was looking at me with a funny look and as I walked towards him, something in my head warned me to stop.

'Get away from him.' The voice said. I instantly stopped walking and looked around.

"What was that?" Robert said getting up and placing his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm not sure. I think I'm just worn out and in need of some actual sleep." I smiled at him kindly and he kissed my temple.

"I'll leave you to sleep then. If you need anything Liz and I are two doors down on the right. Sleep well."

"Thank you," I said kindly as he left.

I looked around the room to see a few other sets of clothes sitting on top of the dresser, a television, a bed and nothing more. It was like jail but with a nicer bed. Then that got me thinking. Was I a prisoner here? Why was Robert really keeping me here? I didn't like how all of this was making me feel.

I laid down on the bed and covered myself tight. I placed another pillow in front of me and wrapped my arms around it and I realized I felt better lying like that.

I tossed and turned for hours, unable to find a comfortable position. The more I lay here, the more I realized I couldn't sleep. Sitting up in bed, I looked out the window. It was dark outside and something was almost calling my body to the outside world.

Getting out of bed slowly, I moved to the door and turned the handle, realizing that it was in fact unlocked. I just wanted to go outside for some fresh air. There was no harm in that, right? I opened the door more and looked out into the hallway, not seeing anyone in sight. I could almost smell the fresh air like it was calling my body to it. I walked out into the hallway and quickly made my way towards the front door. I closed my eyes and let my senses take over.

'I need you,' rang through my head and I stopped walking. My eyes flashed open and quickly looked around, not seeing anyone. I was going crazy. That was the only explanation for why I could hear this voice in my head. I took a deep breath and caught the fresh air scent again. My body lunged forward and I was off and moving again.