Chapter 11

I was holding Lucy's hand one minute and the next I wasn't.

"I told you my offer and I won't offer it again. Give me what I want or Lucy becomes my new pet." I couldn't honestly think of a way out of this without leaving Lucy or hurting her. I couldn't do that.

"Give me Lucy back before I agree." He rolled his eyes at me, clearly saying no way. "It's not like we can get out of here, wherever here is, so just so it."

He signed and pushed her back to me. "Don't take this as a sign of weakness from me. I'm clearly trying to keep things from escalating and I'd advise you to do the same. You have no idea where you are or how to get out of her and if either of you want to leave, you'll just so as I say."

"Spit it out then. What do you want from me?"

"Watch your tone. You are as smart as you think you are." I bit my tongue and waited for him to continue.

"I don't want much from you, so this should be easy. I want you to get your mother here. All I want is her."

"Tell me why you want my mother so badly? What is it about her?" His whole manner changed the second I asked my question.

"I can remember how she looked the day she was born. She was always such a beautiful child. She only got more beautiful as she got older too. She would smile at me, call me Daddy and I'd be lost. She always made me happy. My wife, Larissa's mother left me when Larissa was four. She just up and left one day without a word. I looked for her, went to the police station and filed a missing person's report on her but she was never found. She was the love of my life and she left me. As Larissa got older, she looked more and more like her mother. She became the only person who could make me happy. She became my world and I'm not willing to let her go or share her. I want what is mine that is all. I just want my happiness back."

I'd never felt more sick than I did at this moment. He was talking about my mother like she was the love of his life that got away. He was tricking his mind into believing she was his wife that left him. Lucy's hand tightened on my shirt, bringing my focus back to this moment. I knew she heard what I was thinking.

"Tell me how we will get out of here if I help you?" I needed to lead him on for a while longer and try to find a way out of here to warn my mother.

"As soon as she's here, I'll just send you back. You have my word."

"You realize that my father won't stop looking for her. Not now and not ever. He will find her and once he does he'll kill you. You have Liz now. She's your soul mate. Why would you hurt her like that?"

"I can hear the doubt and accusation in your mind. I don't have to justify anything to you. I don't have to explain myself to you or anyone. I always get what I want and I want Liz and Larissa. I will have Liz and Larissa... and now Brielle. You have no idea how much she reminds me of Larissa when she was born."

That was all I could take. I lunged for his throat, wrapping my hands tightly around his neck.

I fell to the ground in front of Emma. The stupid witch sent Alem somewhere and wouldn't tell me. I'd beaten her within an inch of her life and she still wouldn't talk.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you, Emma. I have zero use for you. If you really don't know anything, there is nothing stopping me from killing you."

Larissa was standing behind me, losing her mind. She was pacing back and forth, running through any and all places Alem could be. I'd never felt such anguish in my life and it made me sick to know she was hurting so badly because I wasn't strong enough to stop someone from taking my son.