7: Goodbye Deidara, Hello Stupid

Deidara apologized to Onoki for stealing an Iwa headband and handed him the headband when Onoki first arrived. Tears had streamed down Deidara's face, which lead to Onoki pulling Deidara into a hug. Onoki told Deidara that it was okay, but not to pull the same stunt again because he missed Deidara's stubborn attitude. Deidara laughed as more tears fell down his face. After Deidara wiped away tears, he introduced you to Onoki. Onoki shook your hand and thanked you for looking after the knuckle head, aka Deidara. 

"Anytime sir! Deidara's a handful, but really nice. I hope to see him again, next time not by him running away," you laugh. 

"(y/n)!" yells Deidara in embarrassment. 

"Anyways, I gotta go train with my team," you sigh thinking about Neji. 

Deidara pats you on the shoulder and says, "You know, I'm always single." 

"That's not something to be proud of Deidara," you laugh, not realizing that Deidara admitted his feelings for you. 

"Haha, yeah... You're right... I guess we should leave now," mumbles Deidara with a weak laugh. 

You give Deidara a hug and say bye to him and Onoki. After watching them disappear in the distance, you quickly hop from tree to tree to the training ground that your team usually trains at. When arriving, you notice that Guy-Sensei wasn't present. You run over to Tenten and Rock Lee, completely ignoring the Neji that stood behind you, surprised that you jumped out of the tree he was punching.

"Hey Tenten, long time no see I guess. Where's Guy-Sensei? Knowing him, well, barely knowing him, he'd be the first one at a training session."

"Oh, he's sick, but instructed us to continue training without him," replies Tenten. 

"Ah, I see. What kind of training are we doing today?" you question. 

"Taijutsu training, tomorrow we'll do taijutsu training again, but incorporate things like ninjutsu, weapons, that kind of stuff," answers Tenten. 

"Cool, can I spar with you?" you ask Tenten. 

"Sorry (y/n), but I'm already training with Rock Lee. Neji's by himself though, you can train with him," says Tenten. 

"But Neji hates me with a passion, remember?" you burst out laughing, trying not to remember his hurtful words. 

"But I think Neji is very sorry (y/n)," interrupts Rock Lee.

"I doubt he's actually sorry, but I guess I'll spar with him," you say as your fists ball up as you walk over to Neji, who pretends to not have been staring at you the whole time. 

"Hey Neji, I'm sparring with you," you say sternly. 

"Fine with me," says Neji with a smile. 

You find his smile weird, mainly because it looked genuine. He also never smiled, even when something great happened to him. You ignore his smile and throw a hard kick at him. He dodges and rushes at you with his palm showing. Due to your first kick being hard, you're still rotating. As you rotate, you duck, watching Neji's open hand fly over your head. You put a stop to your rotation and quickly grab Neji's arm. After grabbing his arm, you dig your feet into the ground as you rapidly stand up and throw Neji over your head. This lead to Neji swiftly landing on his feet and pulling you into a hug. 

"What the- What are you doing Neji?" you question as you aggressively push him away. 

"Now that I've truly gotten your attention (y/n) (l/n), I would like to sincerely apologize for my behavior the first time we trained together," smiles Neji.