Chapter 8

Paige.

Atlanta, GA.

February 16.

2:25.

“And this room can be transformed at any time. A bedroom, bathroom, play room, game room, anything.” The realtor smiled.

“How much does this cost again?” I asked.

“This particular house is $812,000. It’s actually a very low price for this home. You have 5 bedrooms and a bathroom for each and that usually puts you in the million ranges but this home was lowered to promote sales.” She informed.

“Juaquin, you like this?” I asked him as he played around with Jacquees.

“It’s so big mommy!” he laughed as Jacquees chased him.

“This is a great home for your family.” She smiled.

“Oh no, it’ll just be me and my son.” I said.

“This is kind of big for just the two of you.” She said.

“Well, someday I really want to have more kids.” I smiled at the two playing around.

“Well, how about we go look at the backyard.” She said so they’d hear.

We all followed her outside and Juaquin went wild.

“Now this backyard is probably the best one! You have a grand pool with a Jacuzzi to your left. On the far right, you have a play place for the kids and further to the back, you have optional space. If you look closely, there is a walking trail straight to the back. It leads to the community, man-made lake.” She smiled.

“Mommy! This is the bestest!” Juaquin exclaimed.

“He really likes it.” I smiled.

“Your balconies hang over so you can watch him as he plays. You also have a patio to the right in front of the play place. It’s convenient for cookouts and even just having dinner outside. The pool lights automatically come on at night but that doesn’t add to your light bill.” She said.

“Wow! I really like this. Can I step aside to talk to him really quick?” I asked.

“Take all the time you need. You can even go back through the house. I’ll be in the dining room.” She walked away.

“So you like it?” Jacquees asked as Juaquin ran off to the slide.

“I love it, and I can see Juaquin does also.” I said.

“It is kind of big though.” He said.

“Believe it or not, I do want to try to have a family again someday.” I said.

“I think this is a good place for you.” He smiled.

“Bahja’s parents are right up the street too.” I added.

“That’s good.” He said.

“Excuse me; I have all of the papers with me if you decide this is the house you want. We can discuss everything and you’ll have your keys in the next week or so.” She said and walked back into the house.

“Juaquin!” I called him and came running over.

“Ma’am?”

“You like this house?” I asked.