*Chapter 1*

This chapter is dedicated to all the wonderful fans who waited patiently for the start of this story. The girls really appreciate it and they've worked really hard.

They work so hard that they barely have time for me.

I really hope you enjoy!

-Jaquan (Jake)

Paige.

LA, California.

February 1st.

10:00 pm.

I really hate planes. They’re the absolute worst. I used to love them. That was until I actually started riding on them frequently. I hate the turbulence.

I’ve been on this plane for hours and all I can think about is what’s in store for me in LA. We’re only 30 minutes away and I’m glad I’m home. I’ve been up this whole ride. My parents went to sleep a while ago. Nee and Asyah’s parents went to sleep when we first got on the plane. I was pretty much up all alone.

I began thinking about my whole break up. I really was dreading going back to that apartment. I knew I had to, though. For one, I had to get clothes and two; I want to let Quin stay with his dad tonight. He, at least, deserves that.

I heard a voice come over the intercom on the plane.

“We will be landing in 10 minutes. Be prepared.” I heard the pilot’s voice.

My mind began to overflow with too many thoughts. I was thinking about Quin, Prince, my relationship, the turbulence, and just about everything I was worrying about previous to this flight.

I heard yawning all over the plane and the sound of people stirring in their seats, preparing for landing. I looked around and saw my dad stand up and make his way towards me. He knelt down beside my chair and looked into my eyes for a while.

“Are you ready to get your things?” he sympathized.

“Yeah. It’s gotta get done.” I forced a small smile.

“I’ll get your things if you want me to. It’s not a problem.” His accent was forcefully coming out.

“Daddy, I can do it. If he’s home, I’d rather deal with him than you.” I chuckled.

“Okay sweetheart. I love you. Remember that.” He smiled as a tear escaped from my eye. He quickly wiped it away.

“You’re a beautiful young woman. You don’t deserve him.’ He said it sternly but yet with a smile.

He walked away to his seat. When he sat down, the tears started flowing from my eyes. I couldn’t take it. I missed my family but I was heartbroken. He broke my heart and he never came to make sure I was alright.

“Mama, you okay?” Quin said as he looked up at me with sleepy eyes, wiping away a tear with his palm.

“Mama’s perfectly fine. I’m just gonna miss you when you stay with daddy tonight.” I said as I pulled him onto my lap, hugging him tightly.

“I stay with daddy?” he cooed.

“Yeah. He’s gonna be really excited to see you.” I smiled as I pulled away from the hug, pinching his chubby cheeks.

“I excited. I miss daddy lots.” He said spreading out his arms to show how much he missed his father.

“Yeah. He misses you, too.” I smiled.