Chapter 4

Sorry for the wait! The girls were being stuck-up little pricks. Ugh, they were trying to perfect every little detail.

I like this chapter. It's not very "fan-fiction". It's more realistic.

-Jake! (Jaquan Fatel)

**

Nique.

LA, California: The Mall

February 4th.

2:00 pm.                    

Jacob and I have been in this mall for about an hour now. I’ve been dragging him around the store for a while now. He hates when I do this.

Our wedding is in 2 months and I’m actually pretty calm if you ask me. He’s the one who’s bugging out. He and Prod are supposed to get their tuxes at the end of this month. Asyah and I have already picked out dresses. That was one of the first things we did.

“What do you want for Valentine’s Day?” Jacob asked me as I looked through a rack of shorts.

“Sex.” I shrugged.

“What?” he choked.

“I’m just kidding.” I laughed.

“Oh. Seriously, what you want?” he asked, scrolling through his phone.

“I’ll be fine if I just get to spend time with you.” I smiled.

“You’re lying.” He said.

“What?” I whined.

“You know you want something.” He shook his head.

“Surprise me, then.” I said.

“Will do.” He smirked.

“Are these cute?” I asked as I showed him a pair of green, pink, and white floral shorts.

“Nique, get ‘em.” He said.

“Okay.” I shrugged.

“When are we going to Atlanta?” he asked.

“Next month. Major and King wanna come and stay with us for a while so I’m letting them come over for the month of March and my mom and dad are coming the week of my birthday. Mam Maw and Paw Paw are coming the week of the wedding.” I said.

“King’s bad ass is staying with us for a month?” Jacob questioned dramatically.

“He’s not that bad!” I laughed.

“Yes he is! Last time we were at your parents’ house, he pushed Deja and Major down the stairs on a bed sheet.” He exclaimed.

“What? Are you scared?” I laughed.

“Hell yeah! That boy is bad!” he said.

“It’ll be okay. You’re a man.” I exaggerated.

“I hope!” he said sarcastically.

“Let’s go. I need to go and talk to the wedding planner.” I said as I put all the stuff back on the rack.

“You not gonna get that stuff?” he asked.

“Nope! I honestly believe I have that dress in my closet.” I pointed to one of the many items on the rack.