Chapter 6

Jamyne got sick. That's why the update was so late. But, I'm here to save the day.

-Jaquan Fatel

*

Bahja.

LA, California: Their House.

February 13.

12:30 pm.

Danielle ran down the hall and into the kitchen with Diggy who was preparing his lunch for work. She jumped up and down at his legs, saying things no one understood. I followed behind her with the brush and spray bottle filled with water. Diggy picked her up and swung her into the air, kissing all over her face.

I rolled my eyes and put the things I was carrying on the table. I went in the fridge and got Danielle’s sippy cup, filling it up with apple juice and a little bit of water. I slammed the fridge closed and Diggy spun around, eyeing me. I flipped him off and grabbed my things, exiting the kitchen. He put Danielle down and she followed behind me.

Diggy walked out of the kitchen and grabbed his Blue Bandana SprayGround backpack off of the table in the foyer.

“Danielle! I’m leaving. Come give daddy a kiss.” He said from his spot.

I picked her up and walked her over to him. He pulled her out of my hands and she kissed his cheek.

“Bye, daddy.” She smiled, grabbing his face.

“Be good for Bahja, okay.” He said.

“Yes sir!” she saluted him with her small hand.

He handed her back to me and kissed me on the cheek. I rolled my eyes as he turned to walk out. I quickly stopped him and made him turn around to face me.

“I’m not letting you leave this house mad.” I said.

“Bahja, I’m good.” He smiled.

“Then give me a real kiss.” I shifted Danielle on my hip.

He smirked and pulled me into a kiss. He bit at my lip a little before slipping his tongue into my mouth, starting a tongue war. When he pulled away, I bit his lip a little and he laughed.

“I told you I’m good. I understand how you’re feeling.” He said just as the doorbell rung.

“I love you.” I smiled.

“I love you, too.” He opened the door, revealing Paige and Juaquin.

“Paige! Come in!” I pulled her in with Quin clinging to her leg.

“Alright! I’m out!” Diggy walked out, closing the door.

“So, what’d you guys do yesterday?” I led them to the couch and Danielle sat in her small pink sofa, looking up at the TV that was playing Nick Jr. and Juaquin sat on Paige’s lap.

“We see keys.” Quin answered.

“Keys?” I questioned.

“He’s trying to say Quees.” Paige laughed.

“Quees? Jacquees?” I smiled.

“Yeah. We went to some arcade thing. Quin got to hang out with Isa and Issa and then we joined them later.” Paige started blushing.

“Quees is a nice guy. Do you like him?” I asked.

“He’s nice. He’s cool with me having a kid.” Paige said.