Chapter Eleven

OMG I just posted the last chapter instead of this one omg...

Chapter Eleven

Lila blinked once, she blinked twice. Was she hearing things correctly?

“What?” She breathed out, a wide smile starting to spread across her face.

Sam let out a shuddered sigh before repeating himself, “I’m in love with you.” He grinned at the girl sitting besides him.

“Over the months that I got to know you, I think I’ve fallen in love. What the hell have you done to me?” Sam continued in a whisper. He let his hand go up to gently caress her cheek. Lila’s eyes were starting to water, and Sam hoped that he didn’t say something wrong. He opened his mouth to ask, but before he could speak again, Lila let out a laugh of relief.

“I’m in love with you too.” She couldn’t wipe the smile off her face, or the tears that had started to fall. She couldn’t tell if they were tears of happiness of guilt, but she didn’t care at the moment. Sam was in love with her. Of all the people in the world, he had chosen her.

At that thought, guilt washed over her as Sam beamed and leaned in.

“I’m going to kiss you.” Sam murmured. Before Lila could respond, Sam’s lips crashed against Lila’s and all Lila could feel was fuzziness. In her toes, in her fingertips, and best of all, on her lips. Everywhere. Her body felt so…alive.  It was a feeling that she hadn’t felt in months, and from just one kiss, her body had awoken and helped Lila remember why she wanted to live.

When they finally pulled away, they were both breathless. Sam leaned his head against Lila’s, feeling at peace.

“You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting to do that.”

Lila giggled and softly shook her head. “I might have an idea.”

Sam pulled back, remembering, “What did you want to confess?”

Lila stared into his eyes. She let her eyes skim his face and took a deep breath in.

“I-“

“Lila!”

Both of them jumped and Lila turned to see Morgan with hands on her hips, trying to look stern but a smile was fighting its way on her lips.

“I’ll text you.” Lila muttered before giving Sam a light peck and rushing over to Morgan.

Sam sat there, confused and happy.

“It’s way past curfew, young lady!” Sam heard the women scold Lila, and Sam felt bad for a few seconds until he heard the lady speak again, “So? How was it? You guys look so adorable!”

He heard Lila’s laugh and Sam couldn’t help but smile. She loved him too.

“You need to tell him. You’ve been dating for like two months. I can tell he’s getting suspicious!” James spoke harshly to Lila. Lila cringed before she continued to brush her hair.

“Didn’t you read my text last night?” She muttered darkly to the pretty boy who was lounging on her bed.

“No.” James admitted before taking out his phone. “Oh, shit. You’re finally doing it today?”