Chapter Eight

Hey there long time no see!

New chapter for everyone!! *starts dancing around the room*

Enjooy!!

Chapter Eight

Lila has stayed cooped up in her room since Dr. Hines told her what her fate would be two days ago. She hasn’t bothered to speak to anyone. Not even Morgan, her nurse.

“Sweetie, you should go to the beach. Get some fresh air. What about that boy? Don’t you have a date with him tomorrow?” Morgan asked as she put a plate of food down in front of Lila.

Lila froze and looked up at Morgan. After the news Lila has totally forgotten about the date.

“Today is Friday?” Lila asked Morgan dumbly. Morgan gave a small smile and nodded her head.

“What do you think you’re going to wear on this date?”

Lila turned her head and looked at the small closet in the corner of the room and shrugged her shoulders. “I’ll probably wear a skirt and a tank top. Nothing too special.”

“It’s getting chilly, you may want to wear pants instead.” Morgan tried to give advice. Lila wrinkled her nose at the sound of pants.

“I’ll wear tights!” Lila pushed herself out of bed. “I’ll go down to the little shop round the corner and buy some tights.”

Before Lila could get to her shoes, Morgan grabbed ahold of Lila’s elbow and pulled he back.

“Honey, if you think I’m letting you leave your room without eating or showering, you’re completely wrong. It’s been two days. You need to eat and clean yourself up.” Although Morgan was relived to see that Lila was almost back to herself, Lila still needed to shower.

Lila groaned and dragged herself back to the plate and stuffed four bites of the chicken in her mouth and turned to give Morgan a mouth-full-of-food-smile and went into her bathroom. Morgan shook her head at Lila, “well it’s nice to see that you’re smart ass self is back.”

“Wow I need to get out.” Lila mumbled as she signed out. Dale smiled at her, “I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages. Be back before dark. You have a meeting tomorrow.”

Lila rolled her eyes. Another freaking meeting. “I’ll be back super soon. Just popping over to the store to buy a pair of tights.”

Dale raised his eyebrows, “tights?”

Lila blushed and nodded her head. “Every girl needs a pair of black tights, right?” Before Dale could answer, Lila quickly turned on her heel and headed out the door. She took her time walking and took in the scenery around her.

“Lila! Lila!”

Lila stopped walking when she heard someone calling her name. She slowly turned and saw the one and only James.

“Not you!” She yelled and James only laughed at her reaction.

“How are you?” He asked her. Lila stiffened and nodded her head, “I’m fine. How are you, James?” Lila asked him sarcastically. “Oh wait! I already know, you’re all good!” Lila started walking again.

James rolled his eyes at Lila who simply smirked at him.

“They let you go out?” James asked, easily keeping up with Lila, seeing as his legs are extremely long.