Chapter Three

Hi there!! How is everyone? I start a new job tomorrow and I've nervous! It's my first office job...yikes. Anyone got any tips??

Enjoy!!

Chapter Three

It's been almost a month since Lila met Sam, and she's never felt happier.

"And so then, Professor Burgen yelled at her for bringing in the frog in the first place. Ugh, today was just weird." Sam finished his story before stuffing another fry in his mouth. Lila chuckled at him. Sam looked up at her with a small smile.

"Think my bad day is funny, do you?"

Lila quickly shook her head, her smile slowly fading. He thinks that this is a bad day?

"No, sorry. I just wish I could take university classes." She slowly brought a fry to her lips. Lila's parents wouldn't' let her go to college because they believe it's a waste of time and money.

"Why can't you? It's great!" Sam grinned at her.

Lila shook her head. "It's impossible." Sam studied her and Lila wanted to shrink away. She always feels insecure whenever he does this.

"You won't ever tell me why though." Sam murmured staring at her face. "I thought we were friends."

Lila shook her head, "oh, we are friends. I just-now isn't a good time for me to tell you."

"But you promise you'll tell me when you're ready?" Sam leaned in closer to Lila.

"Of course." She smiled softly at him. Lila stared into Sam's eyes before momentarily glancing down to his lips. Those lips that she's almost had memorized since she first met Sam on the beach during her break down that cloudy day.

"What should we do today?" Sam asked her quietly as he sat back. He didn't miss the fact that Lila had rested her eyes on his lips, and Sam didn't want to ruin the moment by doing anything rash.

Lila's eyes danced and she smiled brightly. Sam has come to love this look. Bright eyes and a smile spread across her face. She's never looked more beautiful.

"We should go to the carnival." Lila turned her head to look behind her at the chaos that was the carnival. The carnival that's held to celebrate the last week of autumn before winter's kiss brings the chill. She never got to go because her family had never been into carnivals, but whenever they did plan to go, Lila always got sick, never being able to make it.

Sam looked towards the carnival as well, and smiled, "the carnival? I've never been to the carnival here before."

Lila looked back at Sam, still smiling. "Me neither. Let's go! It'll be an adventurer!"

Sam always enjoyed how Lila thought that everything was an adventure. She always had a lot of energy to go on these little adventures during the day, but as the day started to come to an end, Sam had noticed that Lila always seemed to slow down.

"You don't think it'll be too cheesy and lame, do you?" Sam asked Lila just to push her buttons a little. Lila shook her head.

"No! Please, Sam. I really want to go." Lila's eyes changed as she begged Sam, and Sam always gave in whenever Lila said Sam's name, even though he already knew he was going to give into Lila anyway. Her eyes were so filled with hope. Sam stared intensely at Lila before he smiled again, and gave one simple nod. Lila stood with excitement, a grin plastered to her face, her eyes were light again and Sam felt his heart skip a beat. He chuckled at Lila's reaction.

"Hurry! Let's go! I want to see everything!" Lila stood and wrapped her flannel shirt around her hips before draping her purse over her shoulder and prancing around the table to Sam so she could pull him to his feet.

"Whoa, whoa! Settle down, Li. We are not leaving without paying, are you insane?" He smirked at her before putting down the money that was needed. Lila huffed at him, "you never let me pay!"

"If I let you pay, I wouldn't be a gentleman, would I?" Sam raised his eyebrows.

Lila scoffed as she linked her arm through Sam's.

"You? A gentleman? Where on earth would you get that idea?"

Sam gasped, a smile still etched on his face, enjoying the sarcasm in Lila's voice.

"Ouch, that really hurts." Sam placed his free hand on his heart.

"Suck it up, buttercup! We got an adventure!" Lila pumped a hand in the air and started giggling.

"For Narnia!" Sam hollered causing everyone around them to stare at the two teenagers as they ran to the entrance of the carnival.

Vote, Comment, Hugs, Smile ♡