Chapter Nine

Hey der! Happy fourth of July even though I really don't care. I'm just happy to get a day off haha.

Chapter Nine

Today was the day. Lila’s first date of her life.

“Do you want me to curl your hair?” Morgan asked Lila, excitement in her voice. Lila shook her head.

“No. I don’t want to go overboard. Sam and I have hung out so many times, I don’t want to over do it.”

Morgan nodded her head, understanding what she was saying.

“But, I don’t wear make up very much, does this look good?” Lila turned her head away from the mirror and blinked her eyes at Morgan.

“Hun, you have some of the best eye lashes I’ve seen. You look beautiful.”

Lila looked in the mirror again and let out a nervous sigh.

“If you say so.”

“You’re lucky you haven’t lost your hair.” Morgan ran her hand through Lila’s long hair and smiled.

“Yet.” Lila breathed.

“Yet?”

“I think I want to go through chemo.” Lila muttered.

“Honey, you heard what the doc said-“

“I know!” Lila cut Morgan off. “But I want to give it a shot. What if it helps?”

Morgan sighed and shook her head, “you could give it a shot. But you should be meeting up with Sam, you told him to meet you at the beach, right?”

Lila nodded and stood up, “yeah, I decided to meet him instead of trying to explain to him why I’m here.”

“You know you’re going to have to-“

“I will. Not tonight. I want tonight to be great!” Lila sighed, smiling up at Morgan. Morgan sighed back and shook her head. Morgan just wanted Lila to be happy.

“Fine, get going, girl.” Morgan gave Lila a little pat on the butt, causing Lila to give a little squeal before scurrying out her room door.

Sam was early. A little too early possibly. And Gina was with him.

“You can go now.” Sam muttered towards the pixie like girl.

Gina took a huge bite of her ice cream and smacker her lips loudly, “no. We need to confront her of this James guy.”

Sam rolled his eyes. “No. We don’t. I can, but I won’t.”

“Are you a poetry writer?”

“Go away Gina!” Sam groaned and slumped down on the bench they were sitting on.

“Well if you won’t confront her, how about make her a little jealous? I mean, she made you jealous with James.”

“I am not jealous…”

“Denial!” Gina sang out and leaned over closer to Sam. Sam shrugged her off and told her to go home.

“Fine, but maybe I’ll make an appearance at the movie and saunter over and say hello.” She stood up and waved her fingers at Sam, “good luck!”

Sam rolled his eyes again. What is wrong with her, Sam thought.

“Sam! Sorry I’m late!”

Sam jumped and looked up to his left to see Lila with a big smile on her face.