Chapter 17- Black Mail?

Stephen stood there, and I did too. I know my face looked guilty, but his looked sinister. "What’s... What’s up?" I asked, managing a smile.

     "So this Oliver boy."

     "What about him, Steve?" I asked, bending down to take my shoes off.

     "You and him."

     "Him and I? Yes! I think you need to learn how to finish your sentences though."

     "You kissed him!" He yelled, it was almost midnight, so he must of woken maybe a few people up. I jumped at him, covering his mouth with my hand, "EW! I wouldn't want to touch that hand, who knows where you put it!" He was quieter now, since his voice was muffled by my hand, but still loud.

     "I did not." I replied,

     "I was looking through the peep hole right there."

     "We were hugging." I said, making my face act like it was grossed out at the fact he brought up the word 'kiss', "And why were you peeping?"

     "I was lonely, you always just leave me and go off with friends. No wonder why we aren't close. No wonder why I'm a jerk, and you're a bitch. Its like we hate each other, I was about to leave to come look for you to see if you were okay, but I heard voices and I wanted to see who it was. Is that so bad?" He seemed pretty upset, and I didn't know how to apologize. By this time, my hand wasn't even close to his face; it was on the wall I was leaning against.

     "Keep your mouth shut, okay? I'm sorry, I’m really inconsiderate sometimes."

     "Sometimes." he laughed out, I nudged him, "I’m going to bed."

      I said me too, and we were off. We laid there in silence, separate beds, I wasn’t sleepy, I was thinking of Oliver. But Steve started talking, "You do know I can go and tell mom and dad tomorrow morning about that kiss."

     "You wouldn't." I sneered, looking over, seeing his silhouette as my eyes adjusted to the dark.

     "Well? What can YOU do to stop me?" He said, turning over to face me, it was dark but we could see each other.

     "How much money do you want?"

     "I don't want money."

     "What do you want?"

     "Talk to you tomorrow."

** He always does this, makes things so suspenseful. I wanted the morning to come faster, so I closed my eyes, and listened to muffled sounds of a bird singing in the distance.