Chapter 13- Not Sorry For The Nights I Don't Remember

That night, Steve and I decided to wander around, we visited the bars, the lounge, and saw a bit of the show in the theatre but not enough to know what it was about. Stephen isn't the kind of boy that would do anything that bad, he doesn't drink, he wouldn't ever touch drugs, even sneaking out of the house at night for fresh air must seem daunting to him. But for I, Drinking alcohol is as bad a drinking water in my perspective, there’s nothing wrong with cannabis, and sneaking out is a hobby. usually siblings are alike, but not in this case!

     While at the bar, obviously we looked old enough; we sat on the stools looking over at a couple of drunken middle-aged women playing pool. The bartender asked if we wanted anything to drink, Steve asked for water and I asked for something the bartender recommenced and it turned out to be a very tall margarita. I shared a look with my brother, and drank it as if I know what I was doing. With every sip, the strong taste of salt, tequila and lime filled my mouth, after that drink I felt obligated to have another. Being a lightweight drinker, it only took me two margaritas and a shot from the lounge to get me stumbling over my feet, something I haven’t done since school started.

     It didn't help wearing high heels either; I could barely walk in them in the first place. I was closer to Stephens height, so I used him as a stabilizer a lot. My head spun; it hurt, my vision wasn't clear at all, and my own voice seemed alarming to me. But the only noise that seemed to come out my mouth was laughing, not loud, just everything must have seemed amusing. My drunk brain was thinking, 'oh is that a ground? Better attack it, then laugh at its pain.'

  Dear drunken brain,

 Screw you.

  Sincerely,

 Skinned knees, hurt wrist, ruined make-up and the reason to my lack of personal dignity.

     I remember some parts of the night, rocking out to the music, swimming, playing pool, and begging Stephen to stay out a little longer because I wasn't tired. But sure enough, the second I collapsed into my bed, I was passed out. I know falling onto my bed on top of the sheets, but I awoke with my body underneath blankets, and Allie right beside my pillow.

     I managed a smile, and holding Allie close to me, its fur tickling my nose. Maybe Stephen isn't horrible all the time! He was sweet last night, like a big brother should be. Only then did I realize the pounding in my head, and everything seeming too loud and too bright. It took me a few minutes to climb out of bed, and walk into the bathroom for a shower, but I managed to do so. It was refreshing. I got dressed, had some water, put sunglasses on and sat on my deck and read my book. The morning sun was rising, and the temperature did too, direct sunlight was never my thing.