Chapter 6- Drama Be Brewin'

It was only a matter of time until Christmas break, and luckily I only had a week left; which meant. One more week of planned outfits, one more week with the cast, and one more week of explaining to people why and how there is an orange cast covering my arm. Other than saying what really happened, me getting hit by a car where the driver is too cheap to invest in winter tires, I came up with clever reasons as well, such as:

-I caught a grenade for Bruno Mars; a song reference.

-Kanye West broke my arm, because Beyonce's was better; an Award Show Scandal Reference.

-My arm took the red pill, now its no longer in the matrix; a movie Reference.

-I talked about the fight club; a fight club reference.

-Rihanna just stood there and watched my arm burn; another song reference.

     All very logical reasons, some (all) not believable, but they were pretty good considering people that I don't even know well, asked and on the spot I said one of those reasons listed. Those drama classes are really paying off. Maybe they didn’t understand what I’m saying, I’m surprised of how my generation is turning out.

*****

     I hung out with Luke everyday after school until school ended, I thought he had a part time job, because he always seems to have money, but I guess not. I've cut down on talking to Zoë too, I feel bad about it, but i never get around to texting her. Maybe I have ADHD too, who knows. I don't want to get diagnosed by our family doctor, he always seems so judgemental, and I hate visiting him twice a year with Stephen. And on top of that, having social anxiety is bad enough on any resume, I don't need any more information like that piling up, no employer wants to read that in general... Right? Lately too, my dressing schedule has been touched up a notch saying that I do spend extra time on my face in the mornings. On Saturday I felt as if crayola colours took advantage of my face, but yet I felt confident and I’m almost certain Luke didn't notice or care anyways.

*****

     As school ended for the Holidays, I couldn't hang out and celebrate with Zoë like she had asked because I was packing for my family’s vacation! Joyous days await us younger Smiths, sometimes I call ourselves the Smithsonian’s. I think Zoë is mad at me too, as I did ended up texting her, and I didn’t receive one back which is totally abnormal for her, since her nose is always in her little slide phone.

     I never thought I'd be so boy crazed. I used to say things like, Chicks Before Dicks, but recently it is Bros Before Hoes. I felt guilty, and I felt obligated to call her, so I picked my phone up from my lap, almost dropping it when it vibrated again, sighed, and got distracted from the text I just got. It was from Luke. Gosh, I really think he watches me to find the perfect moment to make my phone vibrate.

I Read the Text:

Luke: "Hey you (;" I smiled like an idiot at my phone, I was alone sitting next to my un packed suitcase in my room smiling to myself; I wonder how my mom would react if she just walked in. I texted back:

Me: "Me?" I sent, with a sarcastic tone.

Luke: "No, the person behind you, Maddi." I looked back only to see a poster I put up a few years back with a sport team on it. I really hope he wasn't serious, because if he wanted to go talk to some men with ice-skates on, on a poster, then I might not want to be talking to him. I laughed at myself to that thought and I replied:

Me: "That’s odd, there’s no one behind me"

Luke: "Then I must be talking to you!" I laughed out loud, but that was a mistake. I bet my mother heard from the other room, so I decided to go pick out some nice summer clothes for the vacation to Hawaii. I was excited, but I was leaving tomorrow in the morning so I know I wouldn't be able to get any sleep tonight.

Me: "Oh, I see. Then, Hey!" I sent back, then dropping my phone beside me as a held up a few shirts to myself in hope that they still fit after a few days of all-calorie food.