Life forever changed - Chapter 13

Kane took a step back, Amber's eyes were flashing red. His mind was made up though, no matter what she would be his.

Amber could feel the rage building up in her and her father's voice was in her head telling her to let it. Let it take over her and surround her. This fool dared to change her whole life, he took what was not his and thought it was nothing. He thought she belonged to him. She was an alpha, she was a witch, a werewolf and a shifter. Amber belonged to no one but her mate and this fool was not her mate. The corner of her mouth tipped up as a low warning growl vibrated through her chest. a black lightning bolt flashed across the sky.

"Come on Amber, enough of the theatrics, you have no chance against a true shifter and male such as myself. Be a good girl and I may even let you help me with my plans to reveal ourselves to the humans. If not you will simply be a tool to show the humans how great we are and that they can be like us. You will of course be the mother of my children."

Another growl vibrated in Amber's chest, as she struggled to breath and control the rage coursing through her veins.

"I will never be yours, you want me? you'll have to fight me"

and with that Amber leapt into the air and shifted into her massive white wolf. Her normally blue eyes rimmed with red as she charged at Kane. Kane shifted into his wolf form and dodged her. She spun around and growled at him. Kane growled back warning her. She laughed in her head. His growl was weak, no where near as strong as hers was. She lunged at him snapping viciously, her razor sharp fangs missing his hind legs by inches. He turned and swiped at her hind legs catching her with his claws. 

She jumped back growling, Amber started circling him trying to find an opening. He lunged at her and she dodged him and snapped catching his tail. He yelped and danced back. He jumped on her knocking her over and rolling them over. Amber snapped at his throat missing it. Kane tried to close his jaws over her throat but Amber caught his nose in her jaws first and threw him off of her. The taste of blood filling her mouth, only serving to fuel her anger and need to punish and take revenge for changing her life. She snarled and charged again.

Emma watched from the deck. In the past few weeks she was really tapping into her beta side and was connecting with her shifter soul and learning to live up to her beta destiny. She scanned the area keeping an eye out for other shifters. She knew that she was not to interfere with her alpha but it was her duty to make sure no one snuck up on her.

Amber slid to a stop as Kane shifted into a tiger. She dodged him as he swiped at her and shifted into a tiger as well. She snarled at him and roared. They both reared up snapping and swiping at each other as they fought for dominance and for Amber's freedom. Amber took the dominant position with Kane hitting the ground and laying on his side and growling and swiping at her to keep her from getting to the back of his neck. Amber felt his claws rip down her side. She swiped catching him on his front right leg. She backed off trying to get him to get up. He was good at protecting himself in the position he was in.  Kane shifted back to a wolf and she followed suit. In her mind she wanted to kill him fair and that meant fighting him in the same form.

They charged again with Kane limping slightly. Amber's werewolf blood was helping her ignore the pain emanating from her various wounds. Her white fur was matted with his blood and hers. Amber head butted him catching him on his wounded leg knocking him over and before he had a chance to recover she was on top of him ripping his throat out. Kane died without a hint of remorse.

Amber limped away from him and collapsed in the middle of the back yard panting heavily as the adrenalin and rage subsided and the pain set in. Emma walked over with a bowl full of water for her. Amber washed her mouth out spitting out Kane's blood. She lay back down on the grass still in wolf form panting and wincing slightly at the pain that shot through her. Emma sat down beside her.

"Feel better?"

Amber nodded. They sat in silence as Amber rested and started the healing process. A howl broke the silence. Amber's ears perked up and she stood up, Emma jumping up. Out of the forest Finn and Mac came running in wolf form, heavily injured. They headed straight to Amber and Emma. Two extremely large wolves followed them skidding to a halt when they saw Amber and Emma. Emma shifted into her wolf and her and Amber stood in front of Finn and Mac.

Amber turned to the injured Mac and Finn and motioned for them to head into the house. They refused until she growled and reminded them that she was an Alpha. Amber turned back to the two intruders. Their scent was familiar, it clicked, Paul Smith. He was one of the wolves. She growled warning them off. She wasn't in any real condition to fight and they were bigger then her. She knew she and Emma didn't have a chance. She couldn't send Emma away as she was a beta and it was her right to stand with her Alpha. The two wolves snarled and advanced. This may be Amber's last fight but she would make them suffer for their attack.

Nate was antsy in the meeting. He wanted to leave, the meeting was useless. His Amber was of the light and everyone was saying so, he didn't know why they had to keep talking about it. The council was droning on and on. Nate frowned slightly, normally he was not this antsy, yes he wanted to be near his mate but this seemed more then that there was also this faint hint of anger that was getting stronger. was it her emotions? mates are able to pick up on each other's emotions. if so why was she antsy? He was deep in thought when he saw Torin jump up phone in his hand.

"What? I'm on my way"

He turned to the council "My lands are being attacked I have to go!" The head council stood up.

"Leave, protect your land." He turned to Nate "You go as well, protect your mate"

Nate didn't need to be told twice and neither did Torin. They raced out together jumping into wolf form and racing through the forest as it was faster then taking a car. They could take a more direct route back to Torin's land this way. Nate's only hope was that he got there in time.

~~~~~~~and....Cliffhanger!!!! will they get there in time??? Sorry for the long time between uploads will try to upload again by the end of next week.  Again comment! vote! let me know what you think. I don't have an editor so if something doesn't make sense or you don't feel like the story is flowing well let me know so I can fix it or explain :)  Thank you all for reading my story and I hope you're enjoying it thus far :) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~