Life Forever Changed - Chapter 2

Amber missed the fight that followed. The two large wolves tore at eachother as a group of females moved around the injured woman. A few males sat close to the females but were watching the fight waiting for a signal from their alpha to join in. The two males broke apart, the smaller of the two limping from a wound on his front leg. The larger male growled and snarled and circled the other male. The smaller male lunged for the larger male. The larger male dodged and spun around, he lunged and knocked the smaller male on the ground and grabbed him around the throat. The larger male was obviously a more experienced fighter. There they paused, the larger male with his teeth around the smaller males throat, inches away from peircing the skin. The smaller male was helpless, he could either fight and be killed or surrender and live it was his choice. He whined surrendering to the larger male. A few more minutes passed before the larger male backed away and the smaller male slowly stood up. If anyone had been watching from a window they would have probably had a heart attack from what happened next.

            The larger male shapeshifted into a human. He was tall with black hair and brown eyes. He was dressed in jeans and a plain black t-shirt. The rest of the pack followed his lead and shifted into humans as well.

            “What in the hell do you think you were doing Kane?” The larger male asked.

            “I wanted to start my own pack alright! I’m sick of not being able to do whatever I want. We’re shifters we are more powerful then humans. We shouldn’t be hiding like we’re ashamed of who we are.” Kane answered.

            “So that gives you the right to change a young woman’s life forever? To take away everything she knows and throw her into a world she knows nothing about? And as for us being ashamed of who we are we are not! You want to expose us but have you ever thought of the consequences? Humans have not been known to accept new things easily. History has shown that when new civilizations are discovered they are consisidered savages that they can use to their advantage, or dangerous and need to be controled. Guess what?! they would be able to do that to us easily because we aren’t technicly human. We would be hunted, killed, used, some people would kill to try to become one of us. We are not ashamed of who we are, humans just aren’t ready to know about us yet.”

            “But Torin we could fight them!”

            “You are foolish, you are fully grown and yet you still act like a cub. We fight enough amongst ourselves how do you think we’ll be able to get together to fight humans? We are happy just keeping to our territories and living our lives in peace. This woman has done nothing to you” Torin said gesturing to the woman unconcious on the ground. “And you decided that you would change her life forever. Who gives you that right?”

            “Shes only human, besides she’ll probably like being one of us better anyways”

            “Irrelivant, you are not God, you do not have the right to change someones life like that. You don’t know anything about this woman, about her family, or friends.”

            “But other alphas do it.”

            “I don’t care what other alphas do, I care what this pack dose. You are herby banished from this pack and its lands. You can go collect your stuff then leave and don’t come back. Perhaps one day when you have grown up more and understand the world better you will understand why we are the way we are and only then can you come back and rejoin your family. Leith! You will go and make sure my order is carried out.” A male stepped out of the darkness and nodded. Kane looked shocked.

            “I’m taking the woman with me then! Shes mine I changed her!”

            “Since you were still a member of the pack when you attacked her she is mine. You have no claim to her. Now leave”