Life Forever Changed - Chapter 9

The Alpha pulled out a cell phone and made a call.

“ya, I got a couple shifters from your pack tresspassing on my land. Two females. Ya you can come get em”

He finished and hung up. He looked at everyone.

“well may as well sit down and get comfortable”

He sat down and everyone else followed his lead. Emma and Amber sat down on the ground as well. Emma looked scared.

About 2 hours later Torin walked in with Mac and Finn with him.

“Hi Aaron, Thanks for calling me”

“No prob” He responded stading up. “Just make sure they learn not to tresspass on just any land. They’re lucky it was just my territory and not some other pack who may take an alpha and beta tresspassing as a hostile move.”

“Dont worry, I’ll make sure they understand”

“Alright well I will leave them to you” and with that he left taking his pack with him.

“Amber give Finn your keys, you and Emma are riding with me” Amber shrugged and threw Finn her keys. Emma was visably shaking. They followed Torin out and got into his SUV with Mac and Finn taking Amber’s car.

Torin drove them back to pack lands in complete silence. Emma was getting more and more nervous but Amber was just looking out of the window. She knew what they did wasn’t smart. She should have grabbed Emma and stoped her from going on to the other pack’s lands. Amber could tell that the lands belonged to someone else and as long as they stayed on the roads they were fine as the roads were considered neutral. She sighed inwardly. Torin parked the SUV and motioned for them to follow him.

They walked a little ways away from the pack house and Torin turned to them.

“What were you two thinking?”

“What do you mean?” Amber asked

“You took off this morning, not telling anyone where you were going and then you stepped onto another pack’s lands without annoucing yourselves or even thinking if it was safe or not”

“Well, I felt like taking a drive this morning and Emma came with me. As for the pack thing, that was a mistake. It wont happen again”

“You should have asked if it was alright that you just go for a drive!”

“Torin, we aren’t children. We dont need your permission to go for a drive”

“In this world you know as much as a child so you will be treated as such!” He growled.

“But I’m not a child and I never asked to be apart of this world!” Amber said her eyes flashing red.

“No you didnt but it’s not something we can change now is it?”

“No but you can stop treating me as if I’m a child! I have learned alot from you all and I am continuing to learn alot but I do need some space sometimes! I need to be able to do stuff without checking with you. I know we shouldn’t have stepped onto thoes pack lands and it wont happen again!” Amber growled back. Her eyes were flashing back and forth from being red to her normal blue. The anger was just building up in her.  The rational part of her brain was telling her to calm down. Torin was worried about them so he was just making sure this wasn’t going to happen again. She had to calm down. There was no reason to get this angry about it. Amber was panting and her heart was racing a mile a minute. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm herself down. Her alpha blood screamed at her to be independent and to make her own rules and lead her own pack. Another part of her, a darker part was telling her not to let this fool talk to her like she was a child. To teach him to respect her. Amber imagined water washing over that part of her, cooling the fire within. She didn’t know where that part of her came from or why she never noticed it before.

She opened her eyes and saw Torin watching her couriously.

“You ok?” he asked.

She nodded. Emma still stood beside her shaking.

“Alright, now I want both of you to be more careful. Amber you are an Alpha, Emma you are a Beta if you two step on another pack’s land without announcing yourselves it will be taken as a hostile act. You are not going to have me to watch out for you forever so you have to learn. Amber your instincts are that of an Alpha, listen to them. If your instincts are warning you to stop then stop. Emma you are with Amber, if she tells you to stop or not to do somthing listen to her. “

They both nodded.

“I was going to wait to tell you both this but I feel it needs to be said now. Amber you are an alpha, we cannot shelter you here forever. You will rebel more and more and you will make things difficult for me and my pack. I will shelter you here until you find your mate, but after that you will have to leave and find your own territory and start your own pack.”

“Mate?”

“Yes, a soulmate. Someone who will be with you forever, your perfect other half. It only makes sense that once you find that one person you will go off on your own.”

Amber nodded. To her it made sense, her inner self aggreed. As she was getting more and more comfortable with herself she was feeling more and more of her alpha side. She also felt a darker side to herself that was more recent and another part of her that was almost light, pure.

“Shes going to have to leave?” Emma asked.

“Yes, and you are going with her”Torin replied.

“What?” Emma exclaimed. Her eyes wide in horror.

“My dear, you are a beta. Your destiny is to be a second in command. I know you have been with us all your life but you are getting older now and thoes instincts will kick in. You both will always be welcome here, you will always be welcome to visit but when it is time you will have to strike out on your own and start your own pack. It is the way things are supposed to be. Plus I’m not sure if you know this but Kiara is pregnant, and the child is an alpha and heir to this pack. We cannot have so many alphas in the same pack”

“Kiara is pregnant?” Emma asked smiling.

“yes, we found out today. It was the reason I decided to let you both know now that you would have to leave eventually”

“I’m happy for her, and I agree. When it is time I will strike out on my own, with Emma if she wants to come”

“Of course!”

“Only once you find your mate Amber, our society is still very male dominated so its important that you have someone to protect you and Emma.”

“Alright I will wait”

“Alright, now lets go back to the house I believe Kiara is cooking up a storm and everyone is celebrating the news”

Amber and Emma followed Torin back to the house. Amber stopped and turned once, feeling someone watching her. She shrugged it off a moment later as her just being silly and went into the house.

A few yards away lay a wolf, He watched Amber walk into the house. Ahh my sweet Amber, I cannot wait to claim you and tell you how special you really are. To let you know the truth about your parents and to reveal you to our world as the miracle you are. You are my mate, my one and only and you are a princess in our world though you do not know it yet. I have watched you for years waiting for the right moment. I will be patient and continue to protect you from afar. We will be together soon my love.

~~~~~Heres the chapter!!! Sorry it took so long to get up! I will be reviewing the previous chapters and editing them slightly to make sure that everything flows nicely. Also I just wanted to assure all that this story is going to start progressing as the main storyline builds up. Just wanted to make sure all the background is solid and that you knew most of the characters well. If you have any suggestions/comments please comment here or send me a private message :) let me know what you think and vote it if you like it :) ~~~~~~