Chapter Thirteen

Well today's the day I get to come home from the hospital. It feels weird, since I've been here. Tanner prepared Elena's clothes and other items. He put on the cutest little outfit on her, it made him smile. He's so handsome when he smiles.

We got in the car while I held Elena, her little hand wrapped around my finger, smiling. He drove to the house and it feels great to be home. I got out of the car and walked towards the front door. I open it to the smell of cake. "SURPRISE!!" Everyone surprised me and Tanner. I couldn't be happier to see all of our family in one room to see little Elena.

I've never seen his parents so happy, except our wedding day. I had found out that my mom got with all our family, our friends and neighbors to throw a welcome home party for the three of us. I was so happy, I had everything I wanted.. a wonderful, caring and loving husband and a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I didn't want anything else.

A month later and Elena is still beautiful as ever, maybe even more prettier. Her beautiful baby blue eyes and dark brown hair. The way her eyes sparkle makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. "She has your eyes." I turned around and saw Tanner walking towards me, smiling.

"And she has your smile." I replied. Boom. There it was. That damn smile. The smile that makes me melt every time I see it. He stood behind me and cradled me while I held Elena. I handed her over to Tanner so I could see him smile again. And he smiled. Every time he held her, she always laughed at him. I love how much she adored her daddy and how much he adored her. I have always wanted this, and I finally got it. I am truly blessed.