Chapter 28

Chapter 28 - ''Secrets''

Date: Monday, March 8

💘 GRAY FULLBUSTER 💘

Juvia.. hasn't been herself.

Lately, she's been extremely distant. She seems to only come out of her dorm for class. I never see her in the cafeteria anymore to eat or around the halls to go see Freed. In class, she never talks and appears to be lost in her thoughts.

God, if there was only a way to get inside her head and see what was wrong..

She's never done this before. The only time I remember her being like this is whenever she had to go home to her parents. But I thought that maybe she was moving forward from that, considering how she established her life here. She told me herself how Freed helps her with that when I brought it up during the festival.

Now? She doesn't seem to even talk to him anymore. It's weird, but most of all worrying.

Graduation is coming up soon. We only have twelve days left. The council and administrators have been busy preparing everything for the occasion. Today class is ending early for us to go pick up our gowns and whatnot.

But as usual, as soon as the bell rang, Juvia disappeared out the door. She always seems to be in a rush when she does that. It's as if she's running from something or someone.

She tries to not make it obvious though, slowing down the pace of her footsteps but.. you can see the stumble, the desperation to get away in the speed of her walk.

''Gray?'' Natsu called, snapping me out of my thoughts. ''You alright?''

''She's done it again, Natsu, I don't know what's wrong.'' I rubbed my face, the concern and anxiety lacing my voice.

''That makes two.. well, three of us. She hasn't spoken a word to Lucy either when she tries to talk to her.''

That's right. Lucy is Juvia's roommate. Maybe she might know something? I doubt it since she hasn't talked to her either, but I have to try.

''Where is Lucy, anyway?''

''Right here.'' She walked up shortly after I asked. ''What's up?''

''Look, you're Juvia's roommate. Have you noticed anything.. unusual? She's never done this before, I just..'' I trailed off, glancing up to see that she was pondering on it greatly as if she was thinking about every encounter she's had with her.

''Well.. it's not much, but I've noticed that she sleeps in a lot more. She's always tense.. and always in the dorm, because whenever I come back she's still there.'' Lucy answered thoughtfully.

Maybe she's depressed?

''Thank you, I'm honestly going crazy..'' I expressed genuinely.

''What are you going to do?'' Natsu questioned, knowing that I had to take action and help her somehow.

''All I can do is check on her.. Lucy, can I-'' Before I could finish, she had already taken out her dorm key and placed it in my hand.