Chapter 3

Gajeel Redfox

I hauled my suitcase, heading towards the front door with my phone in my hands. I stopped, glancing up to see my grandparents coming towards me. My brother, Rogue, followed behind them.

''Well, today's the day,'' My grandma uttered, sniffling. ''I'll miss you, dear.''

If you're gonna miss me, then why didn't you pay attention to me? I thought to myself, gripping onto the device in my hand. ''Yeah.'' I simply responded.

''Call us whenever you can, okay?'' My grandpa pulled me into a hug which my grandma soon joined after. I wrapped my arms around them, lifting my head up to see Rogue glaring at me.

I don't know. He's had something against me, ever since we were young.

''I should get going now.'' I told them, backing away from their embrace and clutching onto the handle of my suitcase.

''Let us drive you there. Rogue, are you coming with us, sweety?'' My grandma asked, turning around to look at him.

Ah, so now they want to give me a ride. I'm tired of these half-assed efforts all of a sudden. But I won't complain. Even if they're lying, at least they're giving me attention.

''No thanks.'' Rogue mumbled, going back to his bedroom. I watched him stroll away before pulling my suitcase out of the house and out to the car.

''That kid- He doesn't even want to see his brother off,'' My grandma huffed, getting inside the car as I placed my suitcase in the trunk.

''It's fine, ma.'' I muttered, sliding into my seat and closing the door once I settled in.

''It's not fine! His older brother is leaving for a while, and yet he acts like that.'' She sighed in frustration. ''I need to have a talk with him when I get back.''

I simply listened to what she said, glancing at the phone in my hands. I turned it on and went straight for the chrome app. 

A chat room opened before my eyes. I smiled lightly, scrolling and reading through the messages I missed while I was gone.

I was too lost to notice that we were already heading to the school. I leaned back in the seat, staring up at the car roof. 

I feel like I'm going to miss this place. 

I could hear my grandma sobbing as we started to approach the school. The bus was already there and a few students were getting on. I jerked up from my seat nervously.

''We're here, Gajeel.'' My grandpa announced, despite me staring out the window already. I swallowed the lump in my throat, watching as the students heaved their suitcases up the steps of the bus. 

The car then came to stop. I gripped onto the car handle, still staring out at the transportation that will lead me into the future. 

I'm definitely not ready for this.

''We love you, dear.'' I turned to see my grandma looking back at me. ''Do your best, okay? Don't push yourself. And we want you to come back to us safely.''

''Yeah.'' Unbelievable. I can't believe those words at all. ''I love you guys too.''

But.. even so.

''I'm grateful to you guys. Bye.'' I opened the car door, stepping out and slamming it close behind me. I went to take my suitcase out of the trunk before rushing towards the bus.