Chapter 16: Plan #6 & #7

After my wonderful evening or date with Crawf, he walked me home.

"G'night. Take care of yourself." He gave me a quick peck at my cheek and walked backwards

"Goodnight. Stay safe. And don't walk like that." I said as I waved my hand.

When he disappeared, I was about to press the doorbell but it opened before I could press it.

"Sup sis. Had a good night with Crawf?" He smiled

"Yeah. But I'm tired so I'm gonna go up to my bedroom and do not try to stop me." I pointed a finger at him

"Okay. No one will stop you." He raised both of his hands

"Hey Ashley." Someone at the couch said in a sleepy voice.

"Wh-who?" I stepped closer to the couch

"Oh, Brittney's still here. She'll sleep here." Ty closed the door

"Hey, you wanna go upstairs? You can sleep at my bed if you want to." I suggested.

She yawned and shook her head "No, but thank you. I'm sleeping at Ty's bedroom."

"Really? At Ty's bedroom. So uhm, he's gonna sleep here at the couch while you're sleeping there. Right?" I asked

"No, we're sleeping together. Right babe?" She rubbed her eye.

"Yeah." Ty nodded

"Okay. Then I'll go now." I looked at my brother first before going up.

After changing my clothes and brushing my teeth, I was ready to get my goodnight sleep.

But...

When I was in the middle of falling asleep, my phone vibrated and vibrated and vibrated.

I annoyingly snatched it from the other side of the bed and answered whoever was calling me.

"Who is it??" I managed to keep my tone calm

"Hey. You asleep?" A familiar voice asked

"Oh yeah, I'm talking to you while sleeping. Of course I'm not." Now I was really pissed, I checked at the caller's ID. Damn it, it's Chris! I sat up straight.

"So what made you call this time of the night?" I asked but this time, in a very nice tone

"I was thinking that..No, I mean..Do you perhaps..Uhm, really like my brother?" I can sense the nervousness in his tone but I will stick to the plan babeh.

"Yeah, I do. I mean, he's sweet, caring, charming, handsome, hot, lovable, yummy.. I mean, not yummy. Maybe appetizing? No. Sorry. But I really like him." I bit my lip, all the adjectives that I just described Crawf was true. This is embarrasing.

There was a moment of silence until I heard him sigh "Okay, Goodnight beautiful." And hung up.

"What? That's it??? No 'Ashley, he's not the right guy for you.' or 'Ashley,stay away from him, he's a bad boy.' or maybe 'Ashley, I like you.'.. Okay,I'm getting my hopes too high. But seriously, just like that? Well, why would he say that? It's not like I'm his girl or something. I'm his maid. He's my boss. And that's that." I crashed my back at the bed and sighed.

The thought was sad but one phrase made me smile and forget about all of that and mademe drift to sleep.

It was 'Goodnight beautiful'..

****

"Goodmorning sleepy head!!" Someone was clashing cymbals around my bedroom. And that someone is Tyler.