Chapter 2: His past and the lollipop

I stood up and got out from his room.. I walked downstairs and saw his mom..

I was about to leave but Mrs. Collins' talked

"I heard your conversation awhile ago.." She said.. My feet stopped

"Let's talk for awhile Ashley.." She sat down in a sofa so I also sat down..

"What is it? .. ma'am.." The "ma'am thing was a little difficult especially when she looks like your age..

"Well.. you see.. My son is a playboy right?" I just nodded

"There's a reason behind that.." She continued

I suddenly began to get curious..

"There was this girl.. She was Chris' first girlfriend.. She was kind,sweet, and caring to my son.. My son loved her..but.. She suddenly broke up with him.. He asked why..She told him that she's been dating someone else after she got bored with Chris..Even if they were still in a relationship, She didn't told him about the other guy, She just let things happen between them..After that, My son changed... He dated many girls..It was his way of forgetting his past.." I was shocked about what I just heard..

I kept thinking about what Mrs. Collins' said.. I had mixed emotions inside of me..

I thought that he just played with girls for fun but... hearing about his past made my thinking changed..

I arrived at our temporary shelter safely..

"Ashley.. Why is it that you came late?" My mom asked me with a worried face

"I went to a friend's house.." I told her

"Let's eat dinner then.." My mom smiled

I didn't have the energy to finish my food.  I kept thinking about the past of Chris..

I was tired and slept immediately..

(The next day)

I woke up early and did my daily task which was to get up and go to school..

I said bye to mom and walked to school..

Jessica and Danielle rushed towards me right after I entered the campus..

"Sooo... how did it go with.. you know... Chris?" Danielle teased me

"Well, I'm just his maid and nothing more." I told them

"Are you suuure? You don't have feelings for him??" Jessica said in a sweet voice

"No Jessica.. I don't.." I told her with a sweet voice too..

"Let's see about that Ash.." Jes told me and smiled..

"Yeah right.." That was all I could say..

I entered my first class alone because I didn't have the same class with either Jessica or Danielle..

I opened the door and I saw Chris surrounded again with people.. I ignored them until Parker stood up and walked towards me.. I froze in where I stood..He was grinning.. He's such an evil person..

"Good morning Ash!" He beamed

"Morning." I said plainly

"Let me ask you somethin'. You're my maid right?" He said

"Y-yes.." Damn..Remind me why I stuttered??

"You're still my maid at school right?" He said

"No.." I disagreed with what he said.. I'm not his maid at school dudes..