10

Louis’s POV

“This is all wrong,” Simon huffed as I stood on the stage, clutching the microphone. I was singing How to Save a Life by The Fray but I just couldn’t get the tuning of it right.

“Maybe we shouldn’t do solo careers!” I stormed off, slamming the microphone down. I was trying my hardest, the last time I had sung solo was at the X Factor auditions before One Direction were formed and it was hard for me because I was refused as a solo act. Simon followed me into the backstage area as I cooled down.

“I know it is hard,” he began, comforting me. Damn right it’s too hard.

“It’s the pressure,” I stated.

“But you can do it,” he smiled, cheering me up. Would I really be able to do this?

“How do you know?” I asked curiously.

“Because you’re special.”

“And besides, the others will come to cheer you on,” he finished, getting up.

I got up too, taking a sip of my water before going back to the stage and practising my slot.

As Simon’s advice entered my head, I got better at singing the song and Simon said I could take a break.

I wanted to ring Katy, I felt bad that I had to leave her so quickly this morning. I was hoping to take her out for lunch but Si insisted on practising my song.

“Katy?” I asked over the phone as the phone began ringing.

“Louis?” She asked, surprised.

“Yeah it’s me,”

“Are you still coming tonight or what?” I asked, my voice trailing off.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” I could tell she was grinning.

“I have to go now, Lacey invited me over,”

“Oh, well bye!”

“Bye,”

I cut the phone and walked over to Simon who was going over the details for tonight.

“Oh hey Louis,” he said, looking up from the table.

Then the entrance door slammed open and four guys burst through them.

“Guys!” I shouted, running up to the boys who were walking towards me.

I hi fived each one of them before they followed me over to Simon.

“We came to see you practice,” Niall explained, sitting himself on one of the seats next to the main stage. I positioned myself onto the stage, doing a rerun of what I did earlier. I managed to keep my cool during the song but something about it made me want to run out of the stage. The boys gave me a standing ovation and clapped as the song ended.

“By the way, guess who got a duet with Katy Perry?” Niall asked, picking up an apple from the food cart.

“Who?” I asked.

“Harry!” He beamed, hi fiving me. I gasped, no way! I was proud of Harry, he deserved to be a solo artist and although we haven’t split, we’re just trying new projects.

“Speaking of Katy; how is your Katy?” Harry asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Fine,” I spat.

“I can tell you are not fine at all, care to share?” he asked, walking over to me.

“I feel like she’s not interested in me,” I cried. Harry shook his head.

“Katy’s the girl you need to chase, she won’t come to you,” he advised me. What did he mean by that? Was it hard for her to mine? Would she date someone else if it didn’t work out between us?

“We’re okay!” I yelled, throwing a pear on the floor.

“You aren’t but she is,” Harry replied. I sighed. He had no idea how much she meant to me, he couldn’t face it that I had a girl and he didn’t.

“Stay out of this,” I shouted, walking off. Simon entered the room as I left and looked at me.

“What was that all about?” He asked the boys.

“No idea,”

**

Katy’s POV

“The jeans!” Lacey and Jade chorused as they lifted up the jeans for me to wear tonight.

“No,” I refused, taking the jeans out of their hands.

“Yes, it’s a date, jeans are perfect!” Jade screamed, lifting them up once again. How many times? Jeans were too boring.

“Actually a playsuit is best,” Lacey disagreed with Jade, displaying her engagement ring. I couldn’t believe it; my now best friend was getting married to Zayn!

“Let us all wear one!” Jade said. I ran into Lacey's bathroom, taking a shower first and slipping on the playsuit. It was from Lipsy and was black with green abstract prints over it. Lacey’s was pink with black spots on it and Jade’s was yellow and had blue stripes on it.

I didn’t want to go overboard on the makeup because I was just watching Louis perform, it wasn’t a date and I wouldn’t really get to see him after.

We had an hour before the gig so we decided to watch some TV. I told the two that One Direction were on a break. Zayn told Lacey and Niall told Jade.

“They aren’t splitting,” Jade informed me. I knew that already.

“I know,”

“We best get going,” Jade said, clutching her car keys. Since Jade’s car was too small for three people, she borrowed her mum’s.

“I hate travelling,” Lacey reminded us as we sat inside the car. I remembered the time when me, Lacey and Jade were going to Jade’s mum’s beach house in Weston-super-Mare and Lacey puked so many times. We were only young, about eight or nine?

“You’ll be fine,” I assured her, showing her the sick bowl if she was sick.

Jade drove slowly for the journey ahead since we had thirty minutes before and I wouldn’t be able to see Louis before the gig.

“When were you planning on telling me about your marriage?” I asked Lacey, raising my eyebrows.

“Don’t know it was a shock to me as well,”

“Mmm okay,”

Jade stopped the car in front of the Glass Panel and loads of people parked in the other spots, mainly girls.

“Right we’re here!”

We walked out of the car and into the building…

Enjoyed that chapter? Chapter 10 is coming soon!

:]