47- Everything's Fine

Chapter 47 | Everything's Fine

Before you guys come at me, I'm sorryyy. I know my updates are getting slow, but summer activities have been popping up left and right. Plus I've become really picky on what to put in the chapter. Just be patient guys :)

Qotc is where is somewhere you want to go to vacation that you haven't been to?

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey mom," I greet, sliding into the leather passenger seat of my mom's car and purposefully keeping my face directed forward to avoid eye contact.

The Lord knows if I so much as glance at her, there's no way she'll miss the mixed emotions I've acquired from both Trey's betrayal and the eventful car ride to the school etched throughout my features.

Let's rewind. As he said he was going to do, Noah had driven me up to the school in his (over the top) white Mustang. During the ride the two of us were mostly silent, for we were lost in our own lands of thoughts.

Despite our quietness, we had drawn as much attention as if we were blasting the radio and the car was actually a humongous monster hula hooping while eating a banana.

Mostly guys gawked at the vehicle with wide and appreciating eyes, but there were quite a few girls with an occasional arched brow whom attempted to sneak a glance at the person driving.

The multiple stares we recieved made me more than uncomfortable, and it all wasn't because I was jealous about some of the ladies pointedly approving stares towards Noah, which I in fact did take notice of.

But no, the difficulty was the element that one of the pedestrains, just one, could be a carbon copy of Trey: A flawless human being that's a hundred percent sane on the outside, however on the inside they're a complete psychopath that belongs in an insane asylum. Physical appearance can be betraying.

To worsen the problem, every time a stranger made eye contact with me, their gaze seemed to permanently burn a hole and attach to my skin. Not only that, but rigid chills would rack my body, littering my skin with goose bumps. It was like I had my own internal demon to instill fear in me.

I was semi-fine back when Noah and I were in a private place, but now that I'm exposed to everyone, my body physically aches to go back into hiding or somehow melt through the chair. Either or; anything to get away.

That might sound crazy, and I don't expect anyone to think it's not. I feel like no one understands. They'd all think I was being overdramatic or simply seeking for attention. But in reality, it's the opposite. I'm attempting not to make a big deal out of everything, hence my reluctance to tell my parents, but my overwhelmed brain is making it difficult not to begin hyperventilating on the spot.

Noah must've noticed my internal struggle, but thankfully he didn't call me out. However, I could tell he was itching to by the way his eyes kept fleetingly dragging between me and the road.

At the next stop light he hooked up the AUX to his phone and pulled up YouTube. I thought nothing of it, too lost in my thoughts to care if he played music.

When he pressed play, the bass-like tone of a male enveloped my ears. "Arby's, we have the meats!"

That had done the job. Fully distracted from my problems, I turn my head towards him and arch a brow. Is this what he wanted me to listen to? An Arby's commercial? The irony of the situation was enough to cause a ghost of a smile to form on my lips, brightening my mood in the slightest.

"You're such a dork," I teased in a soft tone, shaking my head at his unordinary sense of humor. I mean, come on. Who else on earth would purposefully play an ad for Arby's at a time like this?