34- Confronting the Trouble Maker

Chapter 34 | Confronting the Trouble Maker

Qotc what is your favorite book series and fictional character's? Also, I want to tag SideBra because she's been one of the most supportive people for my book! <3 Go check her page out!

~~~~~~~

After what seems like a decade the sixth hour bells rings, signaling the end of school. I quickly run out and head to my locker, eager to get out of the room that held me captive for so long. My sixth hour is History, and the class is about as entertaining as staring at a buffer sign that interrupts a video you're watching.

When I pop open my locker and start to shove my History book into the top shelf, an unknown person wraps their arms around my stomach from behind. I tense as a result, unsure if it's an actual hug or some sort of attack.

"Hey girl," greets Taylor. She pulls me into a tighter hug after I relax in relief, pressing her face against my back as she squeezes the life out of my stomach. A couple weeks ago the action would've hurt tremendously, but now the bruises on my waist are almost completely absent, so I hardly feel any pain.

"Hey Taylor," I respond, my tone edgy to lack of air from her compressing  the life out of me. It might not hurt me, but I still need to breathe.

Once she hears the struggle in my voice, she immediately let's go with a short apology. As I'm released, I take multiple deep breaths, intaking the precious air back into my aching lungs.

Soon after I recover, she holds out her hand, which has a yellow notebook clutched in it's grasp.

"Sam's notebook," she explains.

I grab it from her, giving her an acknowledging nod.
"I'll have to text him thanks."

"What about me? Don't forget to thank the messenger," she half whines, though her chocolate brown eyes are lined with a luminous teasing look.

I comply to her wants, although I roll my eyes playfully as I do so.

"Thanks, Taylor."

"Anyways, do you need Sam's number?" She asks. I can barely hear her since I've turned my back to shove more homework into my backpack. However, even if I was still facing her, I would've had trouble hearing her.

The multitude of people chattering in our hallway are extra loud today, probably ramped up about the recent news.

Prom is scheduled to be sometime in the next 3 months, and the theme is up for a vote. Ever since receiving the news five minutes before school ended, all of the Juniors and Seniors have been more pumped up than usual. I've already heard gossip on who is going to take who, what they think the theme is going to be, and how they're going to do their hair, nails, makeup, etc.

I personally don't know how to feel. It's not that I don't want to go with Chance, don't get me wrong. He's the most perfect guy I could ask to be my first boyfriend and to go with to a dance. But ever since my recent incidents with the Black Hoodie, I'm hesitant to go back into the large party scene.

I'm not going to be ready to fully go back until I put an end to this psycho, and maybe even still a long while after that.

Taylor's hand suddenly snakes from behind to the front of my face, actually snapping me out of my thoughts. I must've froze in my state of mind, which lead her to do this.

I pause from my shoving, staring at the back of my locker as I recall her words. "Yeah. Wait, no. I'm in a group chat with him, I'll just get his number from there."