14- The Math Tutor

Chapter 14 | The Math Tutor

~~~~~~

Once I get home I do all of my homework, that is, except for math. I'm so confused in that class it isn't even funny. Where the heck am I going to use all of this in my life anyways?

With a frustrated growl, I slam my 'notes' back onto my desk. I literally only have the title and date written on the top of the paper. Nothing else. I really should start to pay attention more, but it's difficult to keep up when your teacher sounds like he's speaking pig latin.

At the sound of the loud noise, Sultan trots into my room to investigate. My once closed door clicks open as he enters, showcasing the rows of pictures I have begun to tape on the front of it. I wouldn't call it a big collection just yet since there's only the pictures with Taylor and some of my dog up there, but it's a start.

While my attention is drawn to my door, my phone audibly buzzes from besides my math notebook. The shrill bell I have set specifically for my messages rings throughout my room, summoning me to pick up my phone. Eager to have an excuse to procrastinate from my math homework, I pick it up. The familiar picture of my lock screen, which is Sultan, pops up with a message blocking it, and I recognized the name of who contacted me right away.

Mary Kate- Hey

I smile, gazing thoughtfully at my former best friends text message. I've been sending stuff to her for a while now, and I was beginning to worry she'd never text back.

Me- Hey girl! Where have ya been!?

Mary Kate- Who's that girl that you're with in that picture you liked on Insta?

Me- New friend named Taylor. Why?

The little lettering underneath the message instantly reads read, but the little bubbles signalling she's texting back don't show up. Okay, that's a little odd, but maybe my phone is just a little slow. Confused, I give it a couple seconds, but the screen stays exactly as it is.

Is it possible that she's mad at me and left me on read on purpose? I don't understand why she would be mad at me for making a friend, but if I know anything about M.K, it's that she can be a little dramatic at times. She'll probably text me back later after she calms down from whatever mood she's in.

My phone suddenly vibrates in my hand, signaling I've been texted again. Surprisingly though, when I open it up this time it's not from Mary Kate, it's from Chance.

Chance- Wanna hang?

A joyful grin forms on my face as soon as I read the name, but after I read the actual text my lips contort into a frown. It's not that I don't want to hang out with him, it's more from disappointment because I can't. There's no way my parents will let me go out with him without me finishing my homework, and by the looks of it I'll probably be at this desk trying to decipher whatever the heck I'm supposed to be doing for the rest of the night.

Me- I want to but I have homework. Do u have the math notes? I don't get whats happening at all and I didn't write anything down.

Chance- Maybe you should listen more in class

Me- shut up

Chance- Lol, yeah I do. How about I go over and help you?
Chance- We can hang and you can do your math at the same time.

Hot boy coming over to tutor me? I think yes. Plus, my parents can't complain. I'd technically still be doing my homework, just with company.

Me- Sounds great.