19- Soap Opera

Chapter 19 | Soap Opera

I like this hoodie. Not my image.

~~~~~~~~~

Her high heels sound next to my head, and soon they're down the hall, gone from my hearing range.

As if things can't go any more weird, I'm carefully picked up from the dirty tiled floor by strong arms. They slowly and gently bring me back up into a standing position. I have to put most of my weight on my good leg, so it's a difficult task to mantain my balance without their help.

I'm diverted so my back is against the person's chest and their sturdy grip allows me to use their embrace as temporary support. I have no idea who it is, but I'm just grateful I'm off the ground, on my feet, and Victoria was shooed away.

Two pairs of footsteps quickly shuffle over to where I am. I force myself to open my cloudy eyes as the pain dies down, and I'm soon met with Taylor and Carolynn's faces.

Thankfully, there's no more dizziness hindering me from holding myself up now that I've spent enough time being basically held by the person behind me. It feels almost as if they anchor me to the earth, the way they made the disoriented world disappear.

"Once we're out of school, I'm going to kill Victoria," growls Taylor. I give her a look of agreement, but I tilt my head in confusion at the tangles now in her hair. Was it always that messy?

I purse my lips in realization. She probably shoved Victoria or something ― to Africa, by the looks of it ―knowing her bold personality and deep hatred for the girl. Victoria probably just recovered quickly, gave Taylor her usual sneer, and just strutted off.

Bet.

Sensing the fight is over, the crowd that had pieced together breaks off. Chatter about the new drama between me and Victoria reverberates around the walls around me, but I try and ignore them.

Does everyone reslly think Noah and I slept together? We didn't, but apparantly people aren't convinced. I swear high school is like a soap opera.

Come stay tuned for next week's episode, because it's a never ending cycle!

Taylor and Carolynn just then seem to turn their attention to the person behind me. Their eyes flicker between us, and out of curiosity I turn my head at an odd angle and look up at the captivating eyes of the person who had lended their time and helped me.

Noah ensconces me in his tough grip, looking down at me with a provoking and calculating gaze.

Noah?

Carolynn speaks up, causing my attention to shift back to her. Well, as much of it as I control. Half is focused on her, and the other half is focused on the hot guy wrapping me in his arms.

"Do you need us to take you home or something or are you okay? We are going to be late for class, and one more tardy from either of us and we are suspended."

I know deep inside Taylor doesn't care about being tardy because of her uncaring parents, so I know Carolynn is only talking about herself. Taylor just doesn't interject, and I find out the reason of which soon enough.