Chapter ①①: Ransom

Isabella POV
It's now been a month since my first outing in public with Daniel. And it is only a month before the party that Daniel is organizing to re-establish relations with his friends. Still no great work has been attributed to him, but perhaps it is better this way since we can spend more time together and in doing so we will also be able to organize the party in the best way.

Today the most important step of my plan will be realized: during a big charity event in Seoul, I and the other Sisters will manage a stand and Daniel will take part with us... but he doesn't know it yet!

"Daniel, wake up please. I know you went to bed late last night, but I have to be in the convent for the morning prayers in 20 minutes. You know that you promised Sister Angela not to make me skip prayers again, neither just session" after hearing these words, Daniel jumped up and rushed to the bathroom to get settled.

"I recommend, today pay particular attention to the way you dress. We will be having a really long and demanding day ahead" and while I was saying this I was leaning against the wall outside the bathroom. I had to make sure that he hurried up and after all we still have the rule that we always had to stay together going on!

"Sure sure. So that's all right in your opinion?" saying that he was hurrying out of the bathroom, while still tucking his shirt. Spontaneously I approached him and, putting myself on tiptoe, I placed a lock of hair that was out of place. I didn't realize that, in doing so, our faces were particularly close... backing away, I could feel my cheeks reddening and getting warmer. It was now a little while that the proximity with that boy caused me such discomfort, but I had decided not to pay much attention to it. Even if indeed, the mother superior's words of that day, well, didn't really leave my head.

Daniel POV
"What is this story Isabella? I have to do charity with you and the Sisters in such a big event? You have to be crazy!!" I said, continuing to shake my index finger in front of Isabella's nose, who looked at me intensely, sulkily, with her hands resting on her hips.

"Dear Daniel, this is the next and definitive step to return to being the real you. See it as your personal ransom. Seeings you do charity together with some nuns certainly delete the image of a bad guy who haunts you after the fights" her way of thinking is not all wrong after all...

"Okay okay okay. I will listen to you this time. But know that if I feel too embarrassed, I'm leaving, okay?"

"Ok, Dani. We agree with that, but I'm sure you'll be a good boy and you'll stay until the end. And I sincerely think you'll have fun too!"

What what what? Wait a moment! Did she just call me Dani, am I wrong? Why am I so excited just because he called me with a nickname? Why am I so soft? Now how can I expect to leave after a while... damn it.

- at the end of the day -
After all, today's charity day was not bad at all. I enjoyed serving hot meals to people who needed it, helping people in difficulty, listening to those who needed someone hearing their confessions and especially I enjoyed spending time keeping an eye on the children that were left at our stand while the parents moved to new stands. I really enjoyed myself... and Isabella's smile while playing with the kids, well, was the best reward of the day.

Also I had the opportunity to talk with girls who were once my fans, and that after all continue to define themselves as such. 'We are your fans and we know who you really are, we don't want to believe those scandals. If such things have happened, you will surely have had a reason to behave in such a way. Know that we always support you Daniel, you are not alone. We believe in you and hope to see you again on the national scene as soon as possible'. These words really warmed my heart. I was an idiot, a selfish idiot thinking of being left alone all this time.

"Thanks for today Isabella. You were right, I enjoyed helping you" I said, it seemed to me the minimum to thank her.

"You're wrong Daniel, I'm the one who has to thank you for giving us a hand. I don't know how we would have done without a man to help us. And besides, I'm glad you allowed me to get into your life and help you. I think that after the party next month, my mission can be said complete" I read a veil of melancholy in her voice and in her eyes, while she pronounces these words.

"Yeah..." was the only thing I could answer. I don't want to think about the fact that sooner or later all this will end... once again, one thing I really care about will go up in smoke. But this time I will not be overwhelmed by despair, because I have someone I don't want to disappoint!