Chapter ⑨: Let's start over again from zero

Isabella POV
What is this weight that I feel right around my waist? Better to try to get out of bed... surely I will be late for morning prayer, the sun is already so high in the sky. But this isn't even my room? And why my hair is loose? What is going on?

The last thing I remember yesterday was to have treated Daniel's wounds. As soon as I turned my head, I realized I was in bed, with Daniel back-hugging me so thigtly. But how did I get to her bed? And above all because he is hugging me?

"D-D-Daniel, please get up. Can you explain to me what's going on?" and saying that I began to shake him lightly to wake him up.

"Still 5 minutes, mom"

"Daniel, I'm not your mother, I'm Isabella and I'd like an explanation of this situation!"

Daniel has just opened an eye and taking between his fingers a lock of my long hair, usually covered by the veil, he said with a husky-voice "last night we fell asleep on the sofa, so when I woke up and realized the situation I thought to take you to bed to allow you to rest better. After all, yesterday we really had a bad day, both of us" and after taking a little break he added "you have beautiful hair, I don't understand why you keep them hidden behind that stupid veil"

Here we go again? Why is my heart beating so much? I don't understand! What is happening to me?

"O-o-okay Daniel, thank you very much for your hospitality. Now I will leave and return to the convent. I hope your life can proceed in the best way. And remember that I believe in you" and having said that, taking my veil from the ground, I hurried out of the room, but before I could open the door Daniel was already behind me, and once again he was half-naked.

"Wait Isabella, please, let's start again from 0. I beg you, help me to definitively solve my problem, help me to return to being the Daniel of the past. Please"

He is really begging me. And with that puppy eyes (even if he is showing of his so well sculped abs and trapping me between his strong arms). After all, now he has begun to open up with me and it would be wrong to turn my back on him like that, I would only risk making things worse "okay, Daniel. I will return to live with you and I will try to do everything possible to help you. But now please put something on! I remind you that after all I am a nun"

Finally I'm out of that room. Why was it so hot in there?

- a few hours later -
Daniel POV
From now on Isabella will come back to live with me, to help me. She was the only one who didn't turn her back on me completely. So I promise that from now on I will treat her very well. And beginning from...

"Isabella, I'm really sorry for how I behaved in the past. Please forgive me. You didn't deserve so much resentment towards you, I'm sorry" I said, bowing at 90 degrees and waiting for an answer from her, but that answer didn't come to my ears. When I looked up I met her smile... and that was worth a thousand words.

"Isabella.... Can I ask you some advice?" I asked hesitantly, both for the idea that had come to my mind and for having to ask her.

"Of course, Daniel, go on!"

"You know, in this period, due to the fact of not being able to reason clearly because of my problems... well... I treated several people badly and I also turned away from my best friends. I was thinking to organize a dinner, Do you think it would be a good idea for re-establish my friendships?"

"It's a great idea Daniel. And I will help you with everything you need for the party. How about setting the date in a month or two? I have other things to do in mind before that party..."

"I don't know why, but the fact that you have something else going on your mind, worries me! But all right... in two months we will organize this party and it will surely be a great success"

"Sure!"

Without realizing it, my eyes met those of Isabella and... and it's as if neither of us wanted to look away! I'm happy she's here by my side and I don't want her to leave, I don't want to hurt her anymore and... I'm afraid because I don't know what could happen if something doesn't stops me right now. I started unconsciously to walk towards her and now I'm in front of her, while she has her back against the wall and... driiiiiin... luckily my cellphone is ringing!