baby daddy ch.21

Ch.21

Austin's POV

I was watching t.v. when I heard a scream. I bolted up from the bed and ran downstairs two steps at a time. I ran to the door and found Jamie holding the door open, for no one? I stepped closer and saw what she was looking down at. I was panicked, but kept a straight face for Jamie. There splayed across the step were the parts of a baby, clearly taken out of the womb by force at a young state. What a baby would look like if the mother chose to get an abortion. It's pale pink flesh looking almost animated, not real, but the blood was gone. There were just body parts. Like someone had taken the time to wash them.

I watched as Jamie put a hand over her mouth and begin to sob. I pulled her towards me and away from the door. She cried while I held her. When she slowed and began only sniffling I rubbed her back one more time and then ran to the phone. After calling 911 I settled Jamie onto the couch and then went back to the door, looking around to make sure no one was lurking. I didn't see anything, but I remembered Kendra's threat earlier today. I let my face darken in anger before going back to check on Jamie. She had told me about her suspicions about the baby not being mine along with the plan. It made sense and even though I had gotten used to the idea of another baby I was relieved.

The police arrived and came up the steps. They put up tape and took pictures as they sat in the living room with us, discussing what had happened. Jamie told them about Kendra and even went back upstairs to get the note. I had brought Savannah down a couple minutes later because she was fussing and I wanted to know she was safe. We also considered the police's theories. Jamie spoke up and told them a theory of her own as she held Savannah close to her.

"If it wasn't her, then what if someone else went to a clinic and managed to get through the trash." Her voice cracked at the word trash. "What if someone has been following us, or me and knew about the threat." I listened to her talk. Is it possible that it is someone else trying to screw with our minds?

An hour later the police had left and I helped an exhausted Jamie back upstairs and into bed while I had Savannah and put her in her crib. I kissed them both on the forehead and then got in under the sheets with Jamie, wrapping my arms around her while she slept. These were my two girls and no one messed with them.

Before I could fall asleep I heard a beep and looked over. The screen of Jamie's cell phone was flashing. I looked at her and didn't want to wake her up so I grabbed it to see who it was. It was an unknown number. I opened the text and read: I'd say the baby was fake.. But then I'd be lying.

I gritted my teeth and slammed the phone shut and put it back on the table. Whoever this son of a bitch was was going to have watch where they stepped because they will be dead if I find them anywhere near my baby and Jamie.

''''''''''''''''

'''''''''''''''

A/N: I love Austin's protective side, but the circumstances for it is heart breaking.

COMMENT

&

VOTE!