baby daddy ch.15

Ch. 15

Jamie's POV

I walked out of my room holding Savannah. She giggled and I smiled down at her. I bounced her around and felt the plush carpet beneath my bare feet. I heard something a few feet away and looked up. My eyes widened as I saw Austin standing there. He froze. We stood there as I subconsciously bounced Savannah. I couldn't believe he was here, in front of me looking at me as I held our baby.

"Austin." I whispered. He had heard me though.

"Jamie? I-is that......" But he didn't finish. Neither of us could speak. I broke the silence.

"Austin, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I left my coat here. That's all you can say after I see you holding a baby that looks just like me! Jamie, why the hell didn't you tell me?!" He sounded angry and hurt.

"I was going to tonight, but I lost track of time and ended up too exhausted to remember." I explained.

"Why not before?!" He almost yelled.

"Because, before you were just a player. I was going to tell you, but you were busy." I spit the last part out, he wasn't the only one who deserved to be angry. He seemed to come into realization.

"That's why you left." He said softly. "But I left you the note, you knew I was sorry and you still left! She's my baby too, Jamie!" He yelled.

"I know that. Of course I know that! But I didn't know if you were responsible enough! And when I left I didn't know if I was even going to keep the baby!" I yelled back at him. His eyes widened.

"You didn't think you could just erase this whole part of our lives by getting rid of the baby and not telling me, did you?" He wasn't yelling, but the hurt in his voice made it worse for me.

"No! I was just scared. Even if I didn't keep her I would have told you eventually!" I said.

"Eventually? Thanks Jamie, that means so much." He said his voice thick with sarcasm and anger.

"What would you have done if I told you Austin?! We were only sixteen!" I yelled at him and tightened my grip on Savannah.

"I would've been there! I would've helped and held my baby when she was born! But you didn't even give me the chance!" He yelled through clenched teeth. We were both too angry and hurt. Then I heard a gurgle from my arms. We both looked down at her and saw that she had her fist in her mouth and was making noises from frustration. We both let out a small laugh. I looked up to see that he was staring at not just her, but the two of us.

"Can I hold her?" He asked.

"Yes." I said and moved towards him. I put her gently in his arms and watched as he looked down at her. He cradled her and smiled at her. A smile that I had only seen him give me a few times. I smiled at the sight of them. I saw Savannah looking up at him. Almost as if she knew.

Austin's POV

I watched as Jamie moved towards me and put her in my arms. I put my arms around the tiny warm body in my hands. I gasped as I watched her look up at me and smile. I smiled down at her and cradled her. I felt tears roll down my face, but I was too distracted my this beautiful baby girl in my arms. My baby girl. I looked up at Jamie and wrinkled my face. Why was she crying? I didn't want her to cry. Then I saw her smile and relaxed.

Jamie's POV

"What's her name?" He asked as he looked down at her.

"Savannah Elizabeth Kenzmith." I said as I lightly combed my fingers through the little hair she had, but was still growing.

"Kenzmith? Did you really hate me that much?" He asked. I wrinkled my face in confusion.

"I never really hated you, it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. It might change in the future, but for now it stays." I said. He didn't argue.

"I like the name. It's beautiful." He said as rocked her. She was almost asleep.

"I know." I said with a smile. He looked up smiling and laughed with me. He cradled her in one arm and put the other around me and I put my arm around him and my head on his chest. He rested his chin on my head.

"I love you Jamie."

"I love you too Austin."

"I want to stay here tonight." He said.

"Alright." I said. I smiled into the warmth of his chest. I missed him. I took Savannah while he called to tell his parents he was staying tonight. I had set Savannah into her crib and looked over to see Austin standing there staring down at our sleeping baby with me. I moved over to my dresser to get a big shirt and pajama pants to sleep in and went towards the bathroom.

"You don't have to go in there you know." I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Austin laying on my bed with his arms crossed under his head smirking at me. I blushed. "It's not like it's anything I haven't seen before." My face became four shades darker. I sighed and stayed with my back to him.

I put my clothes on the floor and pulled my shirt up and over my head. I heard something like a groan from behind me and tried not to laugh. I unsnapped my bra and threw that on the floor. He was silent, like he wanted to see more, but unfortunately for him my short shorts were underwear and all I had to do was throw the shirt on over my head. It went to the end of my short shorts. I left my pajama pants on the floor and moved towards the bed.

I crawled in beside him and he put an arm around my shoulder. I nestled in under his chin.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

A/N: So cute, he held her!

COMMENT

&

VOTE!