Chapter Two- Joshua (Alex)

My mind was on over load once I returned home. I glanced at my watch, 19:07. My mum won't be home for an hour or two. I ran up stairs and jumped on to my bed... sometime after that I fell asleep. It was one of the worst nights of my life.

The next day George still wasn't in school, infact he didn't go back to school for at least a month but we'll get to that later.

So, I went to school the next day hoping it would take my mind of George, it didn't. All day i got asked how i was feeling, if George was ok and what had happened, all that fake kindness started to annoy me yes, i know they were only trying to be polite but sometimes you need space and that is the thing i craved.

Second lesson was English, my faviourate lesson. That's the moment my life changed.

"Hello class, as you know I am leaving at the end of this term, so only a couple of weeks away, therefore we have a deadline to get this work finished. So please would everyone start writing the date and lesson objective in their best hand writing-

A knocking on the door interrupted her mid sentence and a head popped in, "Excuse me miss" he said brown twinkling eyes scanning the room then locking on mine. "do you know where E3 is?"

He had pale white skin, and golden brown hair. He stepped into the room and I could see he had broad shoulders and a skinny body full of large muscles, he wasn't lanky or tiny he was just right. His eyes were still locked on me, until one of the girls behind started to giggle like bubbles popping, then his eyes shifted but gentley moved back to me. I felt asthough he was trying to work me out and I couldn't help myself, so, I gave him the best smile I could muster up and a cheeky wink.

"You must be Joshua Charles, come in and sit next to Alex over there please."

Inside my tummy butterflies started to flutter and my heart felt asthough it was being squeezed. Why did I already feel like I had made the bestest friend ever? Why did I already feel so happy and protected next to him like he was my body guard and no-one would ever be able to hurt me? I had to shake my head, no I must not think like that I have George, I love George no-one else. But do I really believe that?

"Hiya, Al... is it ok if i call you that?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts, with a grin spreading from cheek to cheek and I couldn't help falling in love with his smile... It was George's smile.

"yeah sure, that's what George calls me but i'm sure he won't mind, should i call you Joshua or Josh?"

"ermm... I don't really care, everyone calls me Josh though. Wait a min did you say George? So your his girlfriend oh my... I didn't think you," he paused and looked away, almost embarressed. "I've never really spoke to you before, no offence but i thought you'd be a bit of a freak." What a idiot! I mean that's one way to make friends... and ruin a moment.

I decided not to talk to him after that. But i couldn't help it, he was... I don't know the right word for it, he was so similar but so different to George.

"What you doing after school?" Eagerly he asked like a child wanting a new toy "I mean you only live a few streets away so if you wanted... you know, we could meet... I mean only if you want to of course." Josh blurted out on the verge of rambling on and on and on. I couldn't help but laugh out loud, and if you knew me at all you'd know my laugh is one of the loudest laughs on earth, i'm suprised i haven't recieved a world record for it. The whole class turned to look at us and both of our cheeks started glowing red like a fire slowly building in size and heat "You're right stupid idea... could you do me a favor and forget i ever suggested it..." he whispered, his voice velvety soft.

I started to blush even more, the heat in my chest unbearable and after what seems to feel like forever replied "I'd love to meet with you tonight, if the offer is still there?" He looked relieved and went back to his smiley self.

"Sure, i'll knock for you at half five... you're house number 9?"

"yeah"

************************************************************************