Chapter One- Heart Attack (Alex)

~ Hiyaa, this is my short story 'There's plenty more fish in the sea" I apologize that right now it is so short but i will try and extend it add more chapters more info and fill in any gaps i feel need something said, i am welcome to any constructive criticism as it is much needed thank you, hope you enjoy!

-RecklessRebel ~

They say that in a relationship there is there is always a "reacher" (a person who reaches above their level of beauty), and a "settler" (a person who settles for someone below their level of beauty), and i don't disagree, not anymore. I have never really thought about it in relationships but now it seems like it rules my love life. George, my boyfriend, was always the popular one in school, so when he asked me out, I didn't know what to say. After 7 months of us being together I knew something was wrong, I shouldn't have been with him. I was a girl who was in love with reading, watching TV, cliches, dresses, skirts and George Teal. And he loved me too, or so i thought.

On the 9th January everything changed between us, we started to argue, a lot. It seems really stupid looking back on it all now but i still can't help but think he just isn't all that into me.

And that brings us to the 21st March. George's 15th. It all started out as normal day; wake up, brush teeth, wash face, comb hair, sort bag out, get dressed, catch the bus etc... but when i arrived at school he wasn't there. I spent my whole lunch and break that day searching for him but he was nowhere to be found.

That night, at around 5pm, i went to see if he was at home. I knocked 3 times waited,then knocked again 5 times no-one answered. His mum and dad split up when he was 7, so i went to his dad's, this time the door was answered by the first knock.

"Hello Alex, you looking for George?" he asked face sombre.

"um... hi and yeah, you seen him?"

He looked to the floor, almost embarressed, then he glanced up and held his gaze, as he stared deep into my eyes it was asthough he was pouring out his soul and ever secret he had.

 His eyes were a deep blue, like the ocean, and his hair was scruffy as though he'd only just woke up. He wore a wooly black jumper and creased jeans. Minutes passed before he answered me. But I didn't mind, better late than never.

"ye, he um... he went to hospital around twelve last night, Jade says he had a heart attack but is alright now. she says the hospital said they were just gonna run a few tests nothing much just need to check his health. George should be home by six apparently." He paused and, like a child does when they're scared or embarressed, started biting his bottom lip. John is just like a big fluffy teddy bear, and like a father to me, mine ran off when i was 3/4. To be honest I didn't know what to say, i didn't know what to do. But then to Johns suprise, and mine, i ran up and hugged him. He sure looked greatful. After that he invited me inside to wait. He cooked me dinner which was delicious but my stomach couldn't take it, a few minutes later i ran to the toilet and let everything out all my thoughts,emotions... food. And that's when it all started.